soundgarden

deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
edited July 2007 in Other Music
chris cornell is the best writer ever rat they really hit the number right when they recorded 665-667
set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Exactly.
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Unfortunately, Beyond the Wheel destroyed Cornell's career. Literally. He blew his voice out singing Beyond the Wheel in '94, and his voice was never the same.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Re: Beyond the Wheel
    He sang it recently.

it was a really decent version...and it wasnt just beyond the wheel it was his fucked up "manager" that booked so many goddamned shows too close together.

treated his talent like a slow roasted golden goose.

His voice can never go back to that original, but he is back to down on the upside era vocal abilities.

I see him perform 4 times within the next 2 weeks. YAY!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.

• His voice can never go back to that original, but he is back to down on the upside era vocal abilities.
    I'd say he's better now than he was then. He's got that range back but his voice is just so cultured and amazing now..

The 'writing' on his new album makes me really depressed :(

He's one of my all time favorite artists but it just doesn't seem like he's trying to write anymore.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I'd say he's better now than he was then. He's got that range back but his voice is just so cultured and amazing now..

The 'writing' on his new album makes me really depressed :(

He's one of my all time favorite artists but it just doesn't seem like he's trying to write anymore.

wow, I think I would rather walk over coals than admit that...about his writing. BUT ahem, I have to agree, I think that as a lyricist he is AMAZING, yet that is what is lacking on Carry On. I HATE the song "finally Forever" it sounds like wedding vows that some frat boy wrote on a napkin during his bachelor party..."dude, I gotta write my own vows, Tiffany is gonna kill me!"
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • wow, I think I would rather walk over coals than admit that...about his writing. BUT ahem, I have to agree, I think that as a lyricist he is AMAZING, yet that is what is lacking on Carry On. I HATE the song "finally Forever" it sounds like wedding vows that some frat boy wrote on a napkin during his bachelor party..."dude, I gotta write my own vows, Tiffany is gonna kill me!"
    yeah I don't know what's going on with him. I hope we don't have to trade his sobriety for his writing in the long run..

btw can someone upload "Beyond the Wheel" for me? I have no idea where my mp3 went..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • is it the sobriety or the family good place he is in??

I don't think that good writing is more important than happiness for an artist....but, gotta admit since i don't know him sometimes i kinda want the singin monkey to have a bad day if it brings back sunshower style writing.

hahahaa...woah, that is harsh. :cool: