Linkin Park

biffy clyrobiffy clyro Posts: 148
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Can't believe they re still around headlining big festivals..did i miss something? And why is the rapper now playing guitar in their songs,is this the only gig he could get after the whole nu metal scene went tits up,and realised white rappers in rock bands were a BAD idea.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Can't believe they re still around headlining big festivals..did i miss something? And why is the rapper now playing guitar in their songs,is this the only gig he could get after the whole nu metal scene went tits up,and realised white rappers in rock bands were a BAD idea.

i scense this guy has PMT too :D
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Linkin Park cannot be taken seriously
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I thoroughly enjoy Linkin Park as of right now... their new CD has revived my liking of them. I have since then gone back and listened to Hybrid Theory, which I found I had forgotten how much I liked it.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Seems like they've just had another very sucsessful album. I'm not a huge fan but I don't see why they shouldn't be headlining festivals. The 'nu metal' thing maybe dead and they are not as big as they once were...but couldn't you apply that to PEarl Jam and the 'grunge' era? ;)
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Crazy Town invinted the nu-metal sound....they rule. Come on butterfly.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    The rapper always played guitar. It's not a new thing at all.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128

I think it's a bit silly to make a thread like this, why would you put time and energy into talking badly about a band you don't like.

IMO this band is awesome, but hey thats just me. OH and yeh, the rapper has allways played guitar, so maybe like check your facts or something, I dunno your choice....
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • YukikoYukiko Posts: 109
    I like them... and Minutes to midnight is a pretty good album... it´s easy to find Rick Rubin´s influences... very evolved, mature and melodic... lots of political issues...
    :)
    ...jamas fue pensado llegar a esto...
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yeah, it never really showed him play guitar in their music videos... except for one, I distinctly remember seeing him play it, but yeah... I guess you wouldn't know that if you didn't pay attention to the band... or if you're just blind.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131

I think everyone doesn't know that Mike Shinoda (the rapper) could play the November Rain solo perfectly, and in that case he's on par with McCready and Gossard.
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    they are not good at all