Heavy metal

biffy clyrobiffy clyro Posts: 148
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Do people really like this "music",or are they just retarded?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I dunno. Are you intentionally stupid, or are you just retarded?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i think the same thing about the band biffy clyro... do people actually like it or are they just retarded?

**for the record.. i LOVE metal**
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • If liking Heavy Metal means you are retarded, count me as retarded. And just for the record, Pearl Jam's CD Ten comes right out of that tradition. Who was one of Chris Cornell's influences? He sings just like Ozzy Osborne. What about Alice in Chains? There is some nice adult contemporary. Not! It also depends on what type of metal you mean. I'm not a big fan of Nu metal. I don't like people screaming at me.

...pie
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    You're thinking about the emo, screa-mo, hip hop and modern rap listeners. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I like some heavy metal in terms of Metallica, Celtic Frost, Megadeath, ect., but I can't take that super heavy stuff for too long. I don't care for the whole "black" or "death" metal stuff.

The most interesting thing about metal now is what kids these days are calling metal. Its pussy poppy-punk sounding stuff that doesn't come close to a Megadeath level on any of the applicable criteria. I was exposed to my little sister's 14 to 16 year-old friends who share this mind blowing opinion of what metal is. When playing Soundgarden's Ultramega OK, one kid asked me, "do you have something more metal like: A Simple Plan" WTF
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    I like some heavy metal in terms of Metallica, Celtic Frost, Megadeath, ect., but I can't take that super heavy stuff for too long. I don't care for the whole "black" or "death" metal stuff.

The most interesting thing about metal now is what kids these days are calling metal. Its pussy poppy-punk sounding stuff that doesn't come close to a Megadeath level on any of the applicable criteria. I was exposed to my little sister's 14 to 16 year-old friends who share this mind blowing opinion of what metal is. When playing Soundgarden's Ultramega OK, one kid asked me, "do you have something more metal like: A Simple Plan" WTF
    you want some good current metal? check out Shadows Fall, Walls of Jericho, In This Moment, All That Remains, 36 Crazyfists, In Flames, Chimara, Accident Experiment, Killswitch Engage
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Love metal. Except Nu Metal.

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, etc. are great 'oldies' where as Dimmu Borgir, Scar Symmetry, Graveworm, Bonegrinder 1916, DevilDriver, Opeth and Wintersun are great modern Death Metal bands.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I can't tell if the topic starter is taking the piss and trolling, or if he really is a dumbass as he seems.
  • Love metal. Except Nu Metal.

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, etc. are great 'oldies' where as Dimmu Borgir, Scar Symmetry, Graveworm, Bonegrinder 1916, DevilDriver, Opeth and Wintersun are great modern Death Metal bands.

You sir,are retarded.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Biffy, do all of your threads start off sounding like a woman with her period who has just found out that she missed a shoe sale..

lighten up chief :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • You sir,are retarded.

rofl.

Coming from the guy who can make such sweeping judgements based on music preferences. You make that Scott Stapp n00b look like a Nobel Prize winner.

Pwned.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • oppie1 wrote:
    you want some good current metal? check out Shadows Fall, Walls of Jericho, In This Moment, All That Remains, 36 Crazyfists, In Flames, Chimara, Accident Experiment, Killswitch Engage

I love Metallica. Shadows Fall is a really good band. I saw them at a local club before anyone knew who they were. I had a nice talk with both guitarist. Good band, catch them if you can

...pie (still retarded and becoming retardeder by the minute)
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
    I love Metallica. Shadows Fall is a really good band. I saw them at a local club before anyone knew who they were. I had a nice talk with both guitarist. Good band, catch them if you can

...pie (still retarded and becoming retardeder by the minute)
    i'm seeing them on Sept 14 with All that Remains and Protest the Hero.. can't wait.. saw them at ozzfest 2002.. before i knew who they were

jason bittner is one hell of a drummer
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    Love metal. Except Nu Metal.

iron maiden is one band that i never had the chance to see. maybe they will do a tour.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Biffy's back.....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Buffy Gyro posted the same moronic post several months ago. I guess this subhuman get bored in his mother's basement, so he argues with PJ fans over irrelevant issues, always reduced to childish name-calling, then he disappears. Classic shut-in with a personality deficit starving for attention.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • azwyldcats wrote:
    Buffy Gyro posted the same moronic post several months ago. I guess this subhuman get bored in his mother's basement, so he argues with PJ fans over irrelevant issues, always reduced to childish name-calling, then he disappears. Classic shut-in with a personality deficit starving for attention.

Maybe he should start listening to Heavy Metal?

...pie (just a thought)
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Nothing about Heavy Metal is retarded, like all music it's not for everbody like how Country music isn't everyone too. Except for mosh-pit diving/slamming, one could lose a tooth or worse.

It's Megadeth not Megedeath!

Peace
    Earle
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    If liking Heavy Metal means you are retarded, count me as retarded.

that makes 2 of us mate! i must be fucking stupid. it's ok, atleast i'll have me some Mastodon
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I'm retarded !!
    But at least I have an excuse.

Biffy Clyro , on the other hand, clearly has two diks, cos ya can't get that silly just pulling one !!
    Sad little man, trolling just to get people to notice your band name.

I've tried to like metal-core, or whaterver ya call the whole cookie-monster thing, but it's not growing on me yet.
    I haven't tried a few yet, maybe I'll like CHildren of Bodom.

Or maybe I'm just not angry or depressed enough anymore ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I'm retarded !!
    But at least I have an excuse.

Biffy Clyro , on the other hand, clearly has two diks, cos ya can't get that silly just pulling one !!
    Sad little man, trolling just to get people to notice your band name.

I've tried to like metal-core, or whaterver ya call the whole cookie-monster thing, but it's not growing on me yet.
    I haven't tried a few yet, maybe I'll like CHildren of Bodom.

Or maybe I'm just not angry or depressed enough anymore ??

LMAO!

...pie (having enough trouble with one)
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

• ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    metal rules and has done in my life since about 1982!

one assumes that someone with the screen name biffy clyro loves that band, which makes it quite funny him accusing people who like metal of being retarded.

biffy - you ought to get out more and listen to some other bands. as biffy clyro are particularly... BLAND!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    iron maiden is one band that i never had the chance to see. maybe they will do a tour.

they tour all the damn time. you must live somewhere pretty out of the way.