The BOSS

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited February 2008 in Other Music
His new/latest album is pretty good. I just listened to some of it and read the lyrics and it is very good. I really see how Bruce is a BIG influence on Ed. I can picture Ed singing a lot of those song. Ya?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Any references to New Jersey
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • MathMath Posts: 71
    PJ playing "The River" would put a smile on my face.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Ever heard Ed's pre-PJ cover of One Step Up? I think it was solo rather than with Bad Radio. You'd think it was Bruce's demo. Uncanny.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • MathMath Posts: 71
    I, unfortunatly, can't say I have. But I'm gonna try and find it.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ever heard Ed's pre-PJ cover of One Step Up? I think it was solo rather than with Bad Radio. You'd think it was Bruce's demo. Uncanny.

I'll check it out.....I think the Into the wild disk is Brucey if you will.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    'Magic' is pretty good. Favorite song is 'Girls In Their Summer Clothes'. Timeless song.

I think PJ doing 'Trapped' would be just beyond phenomenal. I know Bruce didn't write it, but man what a version he does of it. After 20 years I found it on itunes...go get it if you haven't yet...it's a great little gem.
    I love to turn you on
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I was under the assumption that Bruce's influence on Ed was pretty much well-known. Bruce's new album is really good. "Magic" and "Living in the Future" are standouts for me. I've been a Bruce fan for a while and I was really happy to see him return to form somewhat for Magic. Though I do appreciate some acoustic Bruce. I haven't heard the Seeger sessions yet - is that cd worth giving a shot?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wcsmith wrote:
    is that cd worth giving a shot?

of course but the true ingenuity from those sessions comes from the Live Performance ( as always with The Boss )

sounds like you already missed ouit otherwise you wouldnt be asking,...

and for anyone who missed it this is the ultimate Bruce Springsteen Thread , chock full of news, ticket drops, photos and live material links .

giddy up !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Pearl Jam should cover Jackson Cage.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Pearl Jam should cover Jackson Cage.

or murder incorporated.

in fact, the e street band should cover this rare gem sometime soon !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'm really enjoing this album
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    wcsmith wrote:
    I was under the assumption that Bruce's influence on Ed was pretty much well-known. Bruce's new album is really good. "Magic" and "Living in the Future" are standouts for me. I've been a Bruce fan for a while and I was really happy to see him return to form somewhat for Magic. Though I do appreciate some acoustic Bruce. I haven't heard the Seeger sessions yet - is that cd worth giving a shot?

I think Seeger Sessions is great and although I much prefer his 'rock' projects, the Seeger Sessions is what actually introduced me to Springsteen. It's not going to be everybodys cup of tea but it's still a fun listen - especially the "Live in Dublin" CD.
  • poto101poto101 Posts: 406
    i just saw him last night in milwaukee.....AWESOME SHOW.

that man is fucking intense when he plays his concerts, amazing.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    The Magic tour and cd just doesn't excite me the same way as the last BIG e-street tour and cd did. Magic is an ok cd...

I don't think I'm alone in these observations so I not trying to be negative...just a realist.

I saw the Magic tour once and then sold my GA floor tickets at cost to the next show that I had lined up, cause i finally realized that i actually felt let down by Magic, especially after that great Rising tour...and then there's the reunion tour...OMG that was something else.

oh well...life goes on

Clarence is the man
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    poto101 wrote:
    i just saw him last night in milwaukee.....AWESOME SHOW.

that man is fucking intense when he plays his concerts, amazing.

I saw Bruce the night before in St Paul, good show but couldn't live up to the last time I saw him on the Voter for Choice tour where Neil Young showed up. I looked up the Milwaukee sertlist on backstreets.com, what a show you got!