local music shoppe ineptness

robblerobble Posts: 63
edited May 2007 in Other Music
was down today buying the sky blue sky by wilco (so far its brilliant) and have been listening to the grateful dead a bit more recently so i thought i would have a look around for it. couldn't find it.
when buying "did you find everythng you were looking for?" i answered no, and when i told him who i was looking for he asked "the grateful who? is that a heavy metal band?"
you ever got this happen to you before? its making me think the dead aren't that well known
Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
All Monkfish Great And Small
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• always always and always..sometimes with a snicker too and i feel like slapping the stupid assholes..other times they have me laughing at them once i almost truly pissed myself i laughed so hard at the idiot working there i had to go outside to catch my breath..they know where the 2pac is they know where the 50 cent is and the eminem but they have no idea what size pants they take and that they're ass cheeks are hanging out and they're wide brimmed hat is crooked on they're brain dead heads.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    nope. never. :)
    my music stores know whats going on. one of them, i have been buying from since i was 16 years old. back then they'd see me coming and pull out the latest Police import knowing i was beyond resistance. now im thankful for the familiarity knowing i can get what i want.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i dunno what kind of a fool at a record store wouldn't know who the grateful dead is! he's FIRED!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~