Gavin Rossdale

PJBlissPJBliss Posts: 47
edited April 2008 in Other Music
His new single is out on itunes. It's called "Love Remains the Same" The whole album Wander lust should be out sometime soon I think
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    He's playing a solo show tonight for FREE at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Wait a second, people actually listen to this crap still?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    So is the song good? Or does it sound exactly the same as his other crap?
    Cock Fight.
  • PJBlissPJBliss Posts: 47
    He's done stuff with Bush, with Institute, and some solo stuff here and there. You two think all of that stuff is crap or just some of it? Sixteen Stone is definitely not crap.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    his wife is beautiful.
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    Wait a second, people actually listen to this crap still?

What? 90's artists who are still making music? Like Pearl Jam?
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    PJBliss wrote:
    He's done stuff with Bush, with Institute, and some solo stuff here and there. You two think all of that stuff is crap or just some of it? Sixteen Stone is definitely not crap.

EDIT: sorry - harsh comments removed due to extreme drunkeness at time of posting ;)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    What exactly didn't you like about sixteen stone?
    Todd76 wrote:
    EDIT: sorry - harsh comments removed due to extreme drunkeness at time of posting ;)

I need to know what this said.
    Cock Fight.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Tek Money wrote:
    I need to know what this said.

It wasnt that bad.....and the drunkeness wasnt that extreme.....it's just a new leaf i'm trying to turn over - I was attempting to avoid a fight

in a nutshell I said.....Bush are/were crap.....16 Stone is the only Bush album I have heard and it was crap.....and then there was some quoting of crap Glycerine lyrics (some of the worst lyrics EVER)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    Todd76 wrote:
    It wasnt that bad.....and the drunkeness wasnt that extreme.....it's just a new leaf i'm trying to turn over - I was attempting to avoid a fight

in a nutshell I said.....Bush are/were crap.....16 Stone is the only Bush album I have heard and it was crap.....and then there was some quoting of crap Glycerine lyrics (some of the worst lyrics EVER)

Haha. I didn't know that Bush made more than one album. I thought they rode one album for like 4 years, and then went into hiding.

Due to shame.
    Cock Fight.
  • Bands like Bush really mark the end of the "Gunge" (hate that fucking term) era. Marketed as alternative music, they really lacked the depth (both lyrically and musically) of their Seattle contempories. As noted by others some of Rossdale's lyrics are so bad its embarassing.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    gtrplyr wrote:
    What? 90's artists who are still making music? Like Pearl Jam?
    Nah, he meant shit music, not 90s music :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    his wife is beautiful.

That's his biggest accomplishment, his second is Glycerine.
    "It's all happening"
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Nah, he meant shit music, not 90s music :p

Exactly, you think after this many years people would realize that Bush are terrible. Then again, I thought people would have realized Nickelback and Linkin Park were terrible after being around for half the time and that hasnt happened.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Exactly, you think after this many years people would realize that Bush are terrible. Then again, I thought people would have realized Nickelback and Linkin Park were terrible after being around for half the time and that hasnt happened.
    I just don't understand why you'd listen to Bush when you could be listening to one of the countless superior bands that they were hopelessly derivative of. It's like eating rancid mutton when there's a plate of lamb in front of you.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    That's his biggest accomplishment, his second is Glycerine.
    don't know about that one, myman.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Well it's been awhile, but I thought Bush was a damn good live band - just lots of energy - not standing there like a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

I actually liked Razorblade Suitcase (second album) more than Sixteen Stone.

I even saw Institute in the city a few years back, got to meet Gavin & Gwen after the show - both were very cool.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • macci wrote:
    Well it's been awhile, but I thought Bush was a damn good live band - just lots of energy - not standing there like a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

I listened to them again yesterday for the first time in years and I just can't understand what I saw in them. My taste has changed a lot but still the MUSIC seems so wooden and dull. I'm not a fan of the way they recorded Sixteen Stone either. :)
    Machine Head, Cold Contagious, Personal Holloway, Greedy Fly, The People That We Love, Swim and Everything Zen are all decent songs... not good songs, decent ones.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Machine Head, Cold Contagious, Personal Holloway, Greedy Fly, The People That We Love, Swim and Everything Zen are all decent songs... not good songs, decent ones.
    Greedy Fly still rocks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    My musical interests have changed a lot too. I used to be a huge bush fan and now I'm liking bands such as Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and Sigur Ros. These bands are definitely better than Bush.
    With that said,
    a lot of those who are trashing Bush in this thread probably have only heard sixteen stone and maybe a few songs here and there from their other 3 cds. Bush didn't just keep making a sixteen stone album. The Science of Things album is quite different.
    Also, I agree that the lyrics weren't the best. But the actual music is pretty good. Think about how much energy Everything Zen and machinehead have. You try to write as good of a song as Comedown. Don't even compare this band to Nickelback. If you only heard their first album and only gave it a try once, then your opinion that it is crap does not have as much merit.
  • I like Bush its not so much cause their that good.. but I have good feelings and memories attached to them...
  • I know how much Bush got lumped into the genre with a bunch of other bands but I am one of the few who appreciated Bush's later albums ala "The Science of Things" & "Golden State". I thought The Institute's "Distort Yourself" was awesome too. I think a lot of it has to do with Gavin's stream-of-consciousness writing which is quite metaphorical and disliked by many.

After seeing Bush live and watching Gavin rock so hard that he physically collapsed and needed oxygen halfway through the set I guess I knew I was witnessing somebody really passionate about their trade (even if that venue was only half-full back in 2001 for the Golden State tour).
    Yes, they were a really good band live. I saw them at a temple in Scranton, PA and Gavin went to the top balcony behind everyone and sang from there while the other band members kept playing. I'm assuming the Bush bashers haven't seem them live.