Nickelback vs. Bon Jovi

CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
edited July 2006 in Other Music
After seeing an alarming amount of people in the Bon Jovi thread saying they not only like Bon Jovi, but indicating the stuff they DO like is post-slipperywhenwet (wtf!), I wondered which band fans (PJ fans in particular) could stomach more. With Bon Jovi you get the early 80's rock tunes/classics (dated) combined with a long period of hits although mostly soft light pop rock into almost the country-pop tunes of today. In Nickelback you have a smaller library of tunes, often all sounding the same with the same constipated yelling/singing voice, however many are uptempo modern hard rocking tunes, although no classics.

So if your being sent into exile, and you can choose one band's music to take with you, which is it and why? Can you ever still enjoy "this is how you remind me" over and over? And with Bon Jovi you may get a "wanted dead or alive", but with that comes 5 "Have a nice Day" or "Its my life".

(and there is no "Door #3) ;)
Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    bon jovi has much more diversity than nickleback

bon jovi easily wins
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Bon Jovi.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Bon Jovi. They definitely have more listenable tracks.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • WTF! This is like asking someone which turd smells better!
  • JPinksJPinks Posts: 60
    JWBusher wrote:
    WTF! This is like asking someone which turd smells better!

Holy shit, that's funny!
    96 - Toledo
    98 - East Troy (x2), East Lansing, Auburn Hills, Cleveland
    00 - Noblesville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Auburn Hills, East Troy, Chicago
    03 - Cleveland, Columbus, Clarkston (x2)
    04 - Toledo, Grand Rapids
    06 - Auburn Hills, Camden (x2), DC
    08 - Camden (x2), MSG (x2), Ed in Newark
    09 - Ed in Philly (x2), The Spectrum (x4)
    10 - Cleveland
  • JWBusher wrote:
    WTF! This is like asking someone which turd smells better!

LOLOL

if it was a life death situation and i had to pick either nickleback or bon jovi. id pick nickleback :(
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bon jovi by a longshot. all those MILFS at the concert god dam
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• EvEnDazeEvEnDaze Posts: 19
    Bon Jovi even though their songs are really cheesy. I just cannot stomach nickelback. That voice is truly grating and it's just not good on the ears.
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    A Bon Jovi cd and a Nickelback cd would land in my garbage can at equal velocities
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Bon Jov is 100000times better, come on some people say there new stuff sucks ill admit its not as good as slippery when wet, or even keep the faith but i still enjoy there new cd. Nickelback aint even in the same league folks.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Bon Jovi over Nickleback anyday back when I was 14 I went through a phase of liking Bon Jovi it lasted about a year, I can however in all honesty say I will never like anything related to Chad Kroger.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I genuinelly find it difficult, in all seriousness now, to understand how anyone can LIKE nickelback.

That voice is AWFUL and those dreadful poser macho idiotic made for MTV glossy videos. OMG the're just dreadful.

Same goes for BJ, with the exception of These Days - cracking album.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    no competition. while i think 'have a nice day' is a terrible song, id take even modern bon jovi over nickelback. there are few bands who annoy me more than nickelback. that guy's voice is almost as bad as scott stapp's.
  • Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Just kill me.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    neither .............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I get to see both of them on Sunday!!! They are doing a show at Heinz Fied in Pgh to celebrate the Steelers winning the Superbowl. (and yes we are still celebrating here) I love Bon Jovi's old stuff but not a huge fan of the newer stuff. As far as Nickleback goes...really don't know much about them. Except the fact that most PJ fans can't stand them. Think I should wear a PJ shirt to the show???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • neither .............

diddo
    "...Never take it seriously. You never take it seriously, you never get hurt; you never get hurt, you always fun; and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store, and visit your friends."
  • I went to see BJ about a month ago and Nickelback opened. They are both pretty cringeworthy and produce more cheese than a Swiss dairy, but Bon Jovi are fun and enjoyable in an unappreciative way. I wouldn't call them kings of the 80's but just cause theyre a bit silly doesn't mean theyre shit.

Nickelback on the other hand are probably one of the worst bands ever to have existed.... just purely diabolical in every sense. Clean, polished, smarmy arena-destined cheese with monotonic vocals (original, isn't he!!) from a bunch of pseudo-jock no-talent hacks. They're frighteningly awful and Im sure most people agree.