Options

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

luchshelluchshel Posts: 10
edited March 2006 in Other Music
It isn't very often that I find myself out on the early curve of a successful band but I think I may have been exposed to one just before they explode out of Indie to the mainstream.

I would encourage all of you to consider Grace Potter and The Nocturnals (http://www.gracepotter.com).

A friend of mine mentioned them to me and then asked if I would like to go to a show. I did. And Wow. The Paradise Rock Club in Boston on 2/18, may go down in my entertainment history book much like 10/2/1996 Meadows Music Theater, Hartford, CT. (My first Pearl Jam Show).

Grace (the lead singer/keyboard/guitar player) has a voice from the past much the way of Joss Stone. Blending Jazz, Soul, Rock and the blues into her music.

They have gotten a little bit of exposure. The were a supporting act on DMB Carribean Cruise this winter and they are scheduled for this years Bonnaroo.

It is their LIVE music you want to experience. Studio discs are great as well but one can't help feeling the music in the live performance.
What you are speaks so loudly that I can not hear what you say.