Sir Psycho Sexy...

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited September 2007 in Other Music
What a fuckin brilliant song this is, ive not had the B.S.S.M. album on for a while and just got caught in a moment then whilst listening to it in work to drown out the fuckin morbid surround sound of the office droning bitches :D

The song is just a epic piece of music, go listen to it and remind ya selves what your missing!!!!
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Never heard it... should I?!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    What a fuckin brilliant song this is, ive not had the B.S.S.M. album on for a while and just got caught in a moment then whilst listening to it in work to drown out the fuckin morbid surround sound of the office droning bitches :D

The song is just a epic piece of music, go listen to it and remind ya selves what your missing!!!!
    Yes, I love that song. As a bassist, this has long time been my favorite to play. I like the groovy bass line. The outro is awesome
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I remember i used to laugh at it (in my early teens) because of the lyrics.... but now i can appreciate it for the music in it.
    BSSM is an essential album to have.... in my humble opinion. :)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh how I love that song. God bless the chili peppers in that incarnation.

Sian-of-the-dead: yes you should. Its off RHCP Blood Sugar Sex Magik, their epic album, never to be topped by them IMO.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • The best album of theirs....Love that song, it makes me smile like Dirty Frank does...
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • Sucks the peppers don't makw shit like this anymore. The song, as well as he album, are classic.
  • Never heard it... should I?!

Errrrr YES!!! Its one of the best rock albums of all time and like the other posters said above, its from back when they were actually good and not just pushing out more commercial stuff which i find quite painful to listen to!!!

Get a copy as soon as ya can :D
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I got to hear this song live once on their 2003 tour, along with Breaking The Girl, and Could Have Lied, so I walked away from that Peppers concert extremely content. They played the whole song like it's on the album, didn't cut the time down at all, it was like a 10 minute song, the outro is awsome, I must here this song today when I get out, I am going to crank it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Julien wrote:
    Yes, I love that song. As a bassist, this has long time been my favorite to play. I like the groovy bass line. The outro is awesome

Yeah and Flea is at his Funk-tastic best on the whole album, superb indeed.

And the outro is just excellent aswell :D

Its all good!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is about the time RHCP got some pop sensibilities.

Their last 2 have been classics, no matter what the old Chili Peppers fans say.
    They weren't complaining about Under the Bridge or Give it Away.
  • "I said: hey what's up, now suck my dick"

brilliant song from a briliant album:)
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • And she tried to cop a feel. Great tune we had the strippers doing lap dances to it when we were in college.
  • Great song.

I tend to be a Chili Peppers song through and through. I think that their reputation has suffered all the way through for the fact that 15 year olds have always liked their music, but hey, so what, 15 year olds liked something good.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    And the outro is just excellent aswell :D

Its all good!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that fucking outro!!

"I think I'll stay for awhile..."
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Sir psycho...sir psycho...YEAH!

My favorite part is about the evil demons in his semen.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Sir Psycho Sexy - a great song from an epic record. everyone must own blood sugar sex magic.
  • That song is hilariously funky. One of the best on BSSM.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    chris01 wrote:
    BSSM is an essential album to have.... in my humble opinion. :)

And in mine also.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    really not a chili's fan these days but by golly that song is good, from an album that'll go down as one of the greatest.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones