Options

Led Zeppelin win Polar Music prize

belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
edited May 2006 in Other Music
clips of jimmy page, robert plant and john paul jones receiving award and much other various zepdom

enjoy!

http://www.tv4.se/player/categories.aspx?treeId=3013&pid=54565&more=1

http://www.tv4.se/player/categories.aspx?progId=54314&itemId=%20&treeId=3013&displayTreeId=
dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thats some great footage of the boys from way back when..
    Bonzo ruled on the drums !

Too bad I dont know that language- i dont have a clue as to what being said, alltho i did hear " Bruce Springsteen " mentioned once or twice.

speaking of which - Jimmy Page was at the final European Bruce show- this is the review from ww.backstreets.com----written totally in tribute to Led Zeppelin:

Jimmy Page At The Final European Bruce Show

http://www.Backstreets.com/news.html had some fun, writing this review using alot of Zeppelin references. Funny stuff:

5/21: BABE I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU
    After a 3-week run in Europe, Springsteen Rambles On
    With the surviving members of Led Zeppelin in town to accept the Polar Music Prize (an honor Springsteen received in 1997), Jimmy Page was in the house for the Stockholm show. Alas, Bruce didn't seize the moment and bring him up for "When the Levee Breaks" -- Page stayed in the crowd. (Heartbreaker, huh?) But he surely didn't stay in his seat, as this European tour-closer had everyone fired up, on stage and off. A Whole Lotta Love from the enthusiastic crowd, a contrast to the previous night in Oslo as Bruce hinted, joking, "I don’t have to mention any names...." It was a longer set, giving No Quarter at 22 songs and over two-and-a-half hours. And while most of the Songs Remained the Same, Bruce worked in a few of the rarities from this leg: "Bring Them Home," "Long Black Veil," and "Adam Raised a Cain" (introduced as "an old song written by a very old man"). Springsteen gave a special Thank You to his Friends in Sweden and noted how long it's been Since I've Been Loving You: "This is the 31st year we’ve been coming here," he said fondly, adding that since he's only 30 years old, "It’s a true miracle!" Of the European tour as a whole: "We had a wonderful time the past three weeks. I wish it could have been twice as long." Sounds like he'll be doing something about that come the fall, with more Dancing Days ahead for Europe... for now, he's gonna Bring It on Home.

Next: U.S. fans, Your Time is Gonna Come: No more Over the Hills and Far Away... Springsteen and the band take a Night Flight back across the Ocean to start the U.S. leg in Boston this Saturday. (And of course, soon after that, they're Going to California.) Hot Dog, We're Gonna Groove!

peace !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Thanks for posting the link to the entire awards ceremony show. Great to see Page/Plant/Jones sitting together, interviewing, etc.

Cool that Jon Lord introduced them.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Page and Plant should be declared Saints by the Catholic Church. (they would too if not for all the black magic)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Page and Plant should be declared Saints by the Catholic Church. (they would too if not for all the black magic)

And recently Plant went on to say that England should be a republic and do away with the monarchy. So I don't think we'll be seeing any Sir...

He slammed Blair in his Mighty Rearranger album almost as bad as PJ slammed Bush in Riot Act. So no friendship there either.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    Thanks for posting the link to the entire awards ceremony show. Great to see Page/Plant/Jones sitting together, interviewing, etc.

Cool that Jon Lord introduced them.

no probs!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Thanks for the links! :D

Does anybody know how to record the stream? :)

I have a WM and RM recorder, but I can't seem to make it work :(
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪