Neil Young Live at Massey Hall 1971

gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Just picked up this CD/DVD combo today and I'm very impressed. Neil's solo for this intimate show and it might be the best I've ever heard his voice. Great pickup for anyone who's a fan or looking to hear what Neil's all about.
“Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This CD is absolutely AMAZING.

I can't say enough about it.

Anyone who still doesn't "get" Neil NEEDS to pick this up.

OMFG.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I LOVE THIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best I have ever heard Neil sing. GET IT NOW!!!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Incredible album! Definitely one of the best CDs of 2007 so far.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I just listened to it at work for the first time and it was awsome! Glad I picked it up.
  • tremendous!

very cool to hear the crowd shouting out requests and what not. definitely neil sounding his best, and it all sounds very intimate.

i can't stop listening to "see the sky about to rain". my favourite version of that one that i have heard. :)

NEIL!
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Agreed. He sounds great in this show. A great contrast with the hard rocking Live At Fillmore set with Crazy Horse.

The man is a living legend.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I heard the cd now i have to get dvd. I love the dvd from the Ryhman in Nashville. I never Knew the guitar he wrote all his old acustic stuff was Hank Williams Sr. guitar. Very cool.
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    I got this a few weeks ago and its really good. The dvd is really good too. It really gets me excited for the archives set coming in sep/oct
  • I agree. I bought it thinking it would be good, but it's so much better than that. I love it, especially on a rainy day like today.
  • qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Its excelent! Listen to it if you havent yet.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    it's exquisite. i love how it sounds. 'old man' is especially beautiful
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Actually picked it up at Starbucks of all places. It is really great. Everyone should have a copy.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO