Pinkerton

gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else here feel this is Weezer's best work? The guitars are so raw and it really creates an atmosphere. This album is pure teenage sexual frustration. There's not a lot of their music that I'll listen to, mainly just this CD and Blue Album, but I love this CD. el Scorcho does it to me every time.
“Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whwwwhhhhhahhahahhhhahhah!...or however you would spell what he screams in "Tired of Sex."

yes, this is the best Weezer album. I won't even argue it. I had never even heard it until about a year ago. I was never a big Weezer fan, but this is solid work.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Yes, this is their best record
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    definitely their best album for me too.
    solid record from start to finish.
    Pink Triangle is possibly the best song they have ever done.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    definitely their best album for me too.
    solid record from start to finish.
    Pink Triangle is possibly the best song they have ever done.

disagree with u loser, their best album is Weezer aka "The Blue Album", the best song No one else.
  • the blue album is pretty hard to beat. but pinkerton is something all together different. i think the downside to pinkerton is its heavy on love songs of the sort. while the blue album had more song topics. i once would have sworn pinkerton was the best but im kinda undecided as of late.
  • Pinkerton was the best album followed by the BLUE. The reason for this is, in my opinion, Matt Sharp. Weezer has taken a huge shit lately and only a moron would waste their money.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • i also agree that pinkerton is their best followed by the blue album
  • pinkerton IMHO is the most painfully personal record that i have ever heard. rivers revealed alot of deep feelings in his lyrics on this record, to the point where i was like "i know exactly what he's talking about, but i would not share it with people". and that to me is very commendable.

tired of sex, no other one, why bother, across the sea, pink triangle, and butterfly all deal with love in one way or another. either its a love lost or one that he does not have, even one that he can never have, and everyone knows that those kinds of love are usually the inspiration for the greatest art.

rivers even said in an interview that he would take back a few of those songs if he could and that he revealed more than he wanted to. i think its a great album and i would consider it weezer's best. it has its own mood and feeling to it. kind of like vitalogy does. its kind of dark and unpolished, raw. and that is how i like my music these days. at first i found it hard to listen to but it grew on me fast. its a beautiful and complete album.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i'm here just to agree that pinkerton is the best weez album. it is. there, i'm done.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Pinkerton
    Blue (very close second)
    Maladroit
    Make Believe
    Green
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Pinkerton
    Blue (very close second)
    Maladroit
    Make Believe
    Green

whoah how is anything worse than make belive? that record was a joke, and like a really bad joke, like a jeff foxworthy thing it blew ass.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Pinkerton was the best album followed by the BLUE. The reason for this is, in my opinion, Matt Sharp. Weezer has taken a huge shit lately and only a moron would waste their money.

Bingo!

the loss of Matt Sharp was pretty much the end of it.

however, i guess i am a moron because i still hold out the slightest bit of hope for them.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    pinkerton is my favorite... its great.
  • I agree with everyone else that Pinkerton and The Blue Album are by far their best work. To me they are to close to pick the best one. They are different type of songs. The Blue Album is very upbeat and Pinkerton is a very dark and emotional. Love them both and wish Matt Sharp would have never left the band.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Pinkerton is, IMO, one of the best albums ever. They way it sounds is just perfect. The backround yelps, Rivers' voice breaking on El Scorcho, using some case thing instead of drums on Butterfly, the xylophone in the back of Pink triangle, the bridge in Across the Sea, the chainsaw roar of Getchoo, the trick ending of Tired of Sex, its all awesome. It makes me wish more albums were recorded this way. They did all on tape, not digitally, warm fuzzy tape. And all three mics were plugged in, so you could hear everything. Pinkerton is Weezer's masterpiece and Rivers at his most vulnerable time.
  • pinkerton IMHO is the most painfully personal record that i have ever heard. rivers revealed alot of deep feelings in his lyrics on this record, to the point where i was like "i know exactly what he's talking about, but i would not share it with people". and that to me is very commendable.

check out lou reed's album berlin. i once made the same mistake as you but lou reed writes way better personal music. at first i thought berlin was better than pinkerton. but i quickly realized pinkerton was a lesser berlin. there are a few similarities between the two. berlin during its release was call the worst record ever. pinkerton wasnt to well liked either by critics. fans swear by them. and both have a concept album kinda feel with the theme of love lost.
    be warn berlin has earned its self the title of being the most depressing album.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i would say Pinkerton is their best album. my 2nd fav. behind blue. el scorcho is just a real fun song, especially live. "...and i can't even look in your eyes, and i'm not fakin', i'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon" great lines. so many good songs.
    Live Free or Die!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    pinkertons definitely their best album

the blue album was really good too.. the rest of their albums are horrible... the last one was really really horrible.

glad they broke up
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    oh hell yeah

pinkerton is a masterpiece....I think I even went as far as to describe it as "the soundtrack to any pubescent teenage boy's life" at one point or another on here.

I don't get the hate for the green album. i love it. pure power pop at it's finest.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    that album is pure passion - I think because of that, it is their best. best guitar work, however, is on maladroit - really beautiful stuff by mr. cuomo on that one.
  • Yep. Pinkerton rules. I would like the green record more if every guitar solo didn't follow the melody lines....I mean, every one on the green record does it. And the blue one is great too..the world has turned and only in dreams are damn good tunes.