Rage to do full tour?

bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Please let this be true...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/06/06/rage-against-the-machine-to-tour-pete-wentz-denies-working-on-ashlees-record-marilyn-manson-hates-on-my-chem/

Rage Against the Machine are counting down to … something. This mysterious Web site has appeared, it features two clocks, one counting down to some kind of announcement to be made five days from now, and another counting down to August 24th of this year. The site is registered to Live Nation, which suggests that the band may soon announce a major tour. More details to come …

Here's the website:

http://www.ratm82407.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I hope this is true as well. Please let this be true.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Seems legit. The 82407 matches the date. Could be an album.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'll be there.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I smell a new album coming
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Hell ya! Luv me sum Rage.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    We've missed you Zack comrade;) !!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • I say in 5 days they announce a new album and/or tour dates...and august 24th is the date of the album release

I kind of hope they announce tour dates in 5 days because I would rather see a RATM show rather than the rock the bells show I'm going to just for them which was 100$
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    I say in 5 days they announce a new album and/or tour dates...and august 24th is the date of the album release

I kind of hope they announce tour dates in 5 days because I would rather see a RATM show rather than the rock the bells show I'm going to just for them which was 100$
    But that's a Fri and albums drop Tuesdays usually, no?

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    as that one guy said to Bruce while he was making The Rising

"We need you RAGE!!"

I am hoping this is a tour and an album countdown.

That would be awesome!
    someone on the Zack board suggested that August 24th is the date of a show. Just a single show.

That would suck if it was just one show!!!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I say it will be another live album maybe? Compilation of the recent live shows + a tour announcement.
    NERDS!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Please make this be true.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • It's neat that they did that. :cool:

I think it's a tour and an album people! There's a good chance..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I'm really hoping for this to be about a tour/album (or both!!)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    A big countdown to a single show would be lame. I think it's a tour. I'd be a bit concerned if they just regroups about a couple of months ago and already have written an entire new album. I'd think they would need a year or so. Just my thoughts.
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    The first clock is for the tour announcement. The second clock is for when the tour actually starts.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    The first clock is for the tour announcement. The second clock is for when the tour actually starts.

Agreed
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Rushlimbo wrote:

Damn, I was hoping it was for Rage action figures. A tour is good too I guess. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    DOSW wrote:
    Damn, I was hoping it was for Rage action figures. A tour is good too I guess. :D

Hehehe. Dont give up the dream !
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Rushlimbo wrote:
    Must be. But an album would be sweet, as unlikely as that is.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    If they are doing a full tour I would hope they're attempting to write some new material. The one-off reunion shows are nice but if they're gonna be going out and doing this on a regular basis I'd like to see they're making an effort at staying creative.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
    unfortunatly it just look like a concert announcement for one show, alpine valley august 24.

Which sucks. I want a world tour!!!
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    If they have an entire countdown thing to one show, then fuck them. That is stupid. It has to be something more.
  • Yawn.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    This is what I'm guessing...

In the next five days they will announce their real tour (No festivals).

I have a feeling the mysterious date will probably be the kick off show starting of the new tour. I'm seeing Tommy boy as the Nightwatchman in three weeks and I know he sometimes hangs around after shows. I'll be sure to ask him some questions.

But for now...I AM KEEPING MY FUCKING FINGERS CROSSED THAT THEY TOUR!

Now that Audioslave is done, what else are the boys suppost to do?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    unfortunatly it just look like a concert announcement for one show, alpine valley august 24.

Which sucks. I want a world tour!!!

No way that they would hype up one show like that. It's got to be more. I agree with what's been said before that it's the announcement of a proper tour starting the 24th.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    DOSW wrote:
    No way that they would hype up one show like that. It's got to be more. I agree with what's been said before that it's the announcement of a proper tour starting the 24th.

:eek:
    oooooooooooo!

that would be utterly cool. although i would've skipped the 'rock the bells' gig in favor of a full out rage show, but whatthefuckever....i'd definitely go for another show!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    fuck a tour i want an album!!!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I've heard from a friend Alpine Valley might have a RAGE show this summer. :D
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Some rumours of UK Dates too...

http://www.glasswerk.co.uk/index2.php?db=national&page=news,article&id=2752

Falmouth Town Maritime Museum anyone?!
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07