Söhne Mannheims

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
edited November 2007 in Other Music
A kick ass group!

Let me also say, you all suck, your obsessed with NIN, Nirvana, Metallica and Incubus, all great bands, but fuck, do you need a gazillion threads about them?

Try something new, lamers.
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    This is hilarious, no one will even click on this thread because it looks like it's in a different language. Yet, you can't understand what half the english singers are singing anyway. :p
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Woohoo, 4 people clicked on this thread!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Cool thread....yes we need more german bands as threads insted of audioslave, u2, etc. Have you heard TOMTE from hamburg. they´re cool
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm very curious to hear new stuff... only german bands I know are Rammstein and Oomph!... I like hearing different accents and the like though.

Other bands I've gotten into are The Gathering and Black Bomb A, and some industrial stuff too... so feed me band names and I will check 'em out, and Sohne Mannheims are on the list!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    lars wrote:
    Cool thread....yes we need more german bands as threads insted of audioslave, u2, etc. Have you heard TOMTE from hamburg. they´re cool

I'll check em out :)
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    WHAT THE FUCK????
    SÖHNE MANNHEIMS??!!??!!?!!?!?!?
    ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY??????

I never thought I would see such crap on here.
    Oh boy do they suck. Xavier Naidoo is the worst singer ever + he is a stupid fuck!
    You should be embarrassed to advertise such shit on here.

End of rant...
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Dercheef wrote:
    WHAT THE FUCK????
    SÖHNE MANNHEIMS??!!??!!?!!?!?!?
    ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY??????

I never thought I would see such crap on here.
    Oh boy do they suck. Xavier Naidoo is the worst singer ever + he is a stupid fuck!
    You should be embarrassed to advertise such shit on here.

End of rant...

You probably listen to Die Prinzen
    Here is Dercheef's favorite band
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6fYqQ36AL8
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Ahnimus wrote:

hahahahahaha

very funny post

but he was right Söhne Mannheims are crap .
    Naidoo seems to be a guy smoking a joint while reading the bible and then writing suicidal soundtracks. I really hate them.

Sorry to read that Rammstein and ooomph! are the only known bands in the states.
    Here are some worth listening for:

Beatsteaks ( you all have to listen to them.....!!!)
    die ärzte
    Toten Hosen ( the early before getting too commercial)
    Sportfreunde Stiller
    TOMTE

Fettes Brot ( hip hop but rocks live ! Saw them on the bizzare festival and they were amazing. Remember Turbonegro fans who were dancing on Fettes brot!!!!)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    Ahnimus wrote:

Ahnimus, you're crazy!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No sorry, I'm no Ossi...
    luxpjamer wrote:
    hahahahahaha

very funny post

but he was right Söhne Mannheims are crap .
    Naidoo seems to be a guy smoking a joint while reading the bible and then writing suicidal soundtracks. I really hate them.

That's funny, I read that he is either loved or hated for his views on reality. But honestly, not knowing half of what he is singing about, the music is awesome.
    Sorry to read that Rammstein and ooomph! are the only known bands in the states.

I've never heard of Ooomph, but that is really depressing. :(
    Here are some worth listening for:

Beatsteaks ( you all have to listen to them.....!!!)
    die ärzte
    Toten Hosen ( the early before getting too commercial)
    Sportfreunde Stiller
    TOMTE

Fettes Brot ( hip hop but rocks live ! Saw them on the bizzare festival and they were amazing. Remember Turbonegro fans who were dancing on Fettes brot!!!!)

I like Die ärzte and Die Toten Hosen. I also like Zweiraumwhonung and Rosenstolz. I haven't heard the others, but I'll check them out. Thanks :)

Edit: Geeze, can't forget Herbert Grönemeyer. :)
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Ahnimus, you're crazy!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

I actually don't mind their music. What's crazy is that I like pretty much everything. When I was younger I used to hate groups for their political or religious views, or just for their style of music. For example I never used to like R&B and Classical, but now I love them. The only genre I can't appreciate is country.
    I forgot Massive Töne too.
  • lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    I just clicked on this thread because I come from Mannheim :P But actually.. I Don't like Söhne Mannheims ^^

Check out Tokio Hotel :D
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
    lateralus wrote:
    I just clicked on this thread because I come from Mannheim :P But actually.. I Don't like Söhne Mannheims ^^

Boy your music charts are full of shit then.
  • lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    Ahnimus wrote:

I know :(
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
    lateralus wrote:
    I know :(

He seemed popular when he played for that soccer team.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=r9fXGrUpch4
    luxpjamer wrote:

I like that :)

Thanks
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Ahnimus wrote:
    ha ha ha...I like your style. I´ve been getting in to some german music lately and there´s actually some pretty cool yet underatted bands. Tomte, tocotronic, old blumfeld and Element of Crime is good stuff. I recommend Tomte´s "hinter all diesen fenstern".
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    ha ha ha...I like your style. I´ve been getting in to some german music lately and there´s actually some pretty cool yet underatted bands. Tomte, tocotronic, old blumfeld and Element of Crime is good stuff. I recommend Tomte´s "hinter all diesen fenstern".

I'll check them out. I seem to like the popular, yet somehow widely disliked groups. Like Massive Töne. :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SW7oja1FKcY
    Ahnimus wrote:
    amen
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'll check them out. I seem to like the popular, yet somehow widely disliked groups. Like Massive Töne. :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SW7oja1FKcY

Better check out the Fettes Brot

Jein! their greatest hit:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=u58_9Co7czg

Nordisch by nature
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WggYOlM4htY

Schwule Mädchen ( trsl: Gay Girls)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3IJTzZOtwps
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    If you're really into German music that much, my ex-girlfriend was a major fan of Goethes Erben. Not bad but not really my thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28yAZCVGW2o&mode=related&search=

Also, I don't think it's the language that keeps people away from this thread, try making a thread about any unknown band and see how many hits it gets.

Just remembered, also check out Das Ich, also German.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Collin wrote:
    If you're really into German music that much, my ex-girlfriend was a major fan of Goethes Erben. Not bad but not really my thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28yAZCVGW2o&mode=related&search=

Also, I don't think it's the language that keeps people away from this thread, try making a thread about any unknown band and see how many hits it gets.

Just remembered, also check out Das Ich, also German.

I like Das Ich, I had some friends here that loved them. They would listen to Das Ich every morning. I also like Wumpscut :)

• xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    lateralus wrote:

ive never heard of this band until tonight and then they were on two different shows! they look like they are 12 and i dont like them.... but seems they are fairly big in germany and surrounding areas.
  • really...söhne mannheims...xavier naidoo...that hurts...these disgusting christian lyrics...

if you want to listen to good music from germany...BEATSTEAKS...and DIE ÄRZTE...saw them last week in trier...great show

and i agree that die hosen and all those bands from hamburg (including fettes brot) are pretty ok, too...
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf