Options

Tom Petty & the Allman Brothers

herogroundzeroherogroundzero Posts: 366
edited April 2006 in Other Music
1st Tom Petty with Pearl Jam

and now....

4 nights of Tom Petty with the Allman Brothers, with Derek Trucks band opening

HUGE KUDOS to Tom for making this one hell of a summer :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    WOW...that is a great match up! Plus DTB is opening that is kick ass!!! Where are these shows?
  • Options
    http://www.allmanbrothersband.com(tour dates)

or try tom petty's message board(http://www.tompetty.com)

there's 4 shows

derek trucks is DA MAN...his wife ain't bad either ;)
  • Options
    Yah I really like Trucks too, last summer I managed to catch the Allman Brothers a couple of times and Susan Tedeschi got up and sang at one of the shows which was pretty cool.

I wish those dates were up here, maybe I'll get to catch Trucks with Clapton, that'll be sweet.
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Yah I really like Trucks too, last summer I managed to catch the Allman Brothers a couple of times and Susan Tedeschi got up and sang at one of the shows which was pretty cool.

I wish those dates were up here, maybe I'll get to catch Trucks with Clapton, that'll be sweet.

tuesday august 15th...you need to be at darien lake! don't miss it...from what i have read this is tom pettys last major summer tour and it's his 30th anniversary as a band...PLUS you get the allman brothers and dTb!!!!

ya thats cool with derek and and eric touring and they also have Doyle Bramhall II on guitar for that tour as well...that is like 3 monsters on guitar...that is just C-R-A-Z-Y

LOL
  • Options
    tuesday august 15th...you need to be at darien lake! don't miss it...from what i have read this is tom pettys last major summer tour and it's his 30th anniversary as a band...PLUS you get the allman brothers and dTb!!!!

ya thats cool with derek and and eric touring and they also have Doyle Bramhall II on guitar for that tour as well...that is like 3 monsters on guitar...that is just C-R-A-Z-Y

LOL

I see the show up on The Allman Brothers site, but is it with Tom Petty too?

As Special Guests of Tom Petty; The Derek Trucks Band also appears....now I see it....thanks for the heads up, that will be a great show!!!
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Any idea at the price of tickets? I'm not paying $100 to see ABB/Tom Petty like people are for Pearl Jam.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    Any idea at the price of tickets? I'm not paying $100 to see ABB/Tom Petty like people are for Pearl Jam.
    Don't know the prices yet, hope it's reasonable.
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'm sitting lawn, so I hope it's no more than $40. But I doubt it.

They said Allman Brothers was July/August. Hm...hopefully, as a friend is out of town for the Pitt show, and Tom Petty doesn't have a Cleveland show announced yet. Eh, oh well.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08