peter gabriel

herogroundzeroherogroundzero Posts: 366
edited April 2006 in Other Music
i just saw a tv commercial with him singing solsbury hill while they were selling cell phones/service

discuss ;)

at least it wasn't sledgehammer ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Meh. He's licensed his songs before. It's nothing new or surprising. Hearing a Black Keys' song on a Nissan Xterra commercial, on the other hand, was surprising.

I did just see the South Park episode where Stan, after being told that playing Peter Gabriel in a boombox and holding it over your head outside your love's window was the most romantic thing one could do, played 'Shock the Monkey' for Wendy. That was funny.
  • AndySlash wrote:
    Meh. He's licensed his songs before. It's nothing new or surprising. Hearing a Black Keys' song on a Nissan Xterra commercial, on the other hand, was surprising.

I did just see the South Park episode where Stan, after being told that playing Peter Gabriel in a boombox and holding it over your head outside your love's window was the most romantic thing one could do, played 'Shock the Monkey' for Wendy. That was funny.

i love south park. funny stuff...i bet stan had a lesson that he learned at the end...lmfao

it's weird...a buddy said "at least we now get to listen to commercials with RAWKING TUNES in the background"...and ya know what...i agreed with him!
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    i just saw a tv commercial with him singing solsbury hill while they were selling cell phones/service

discuss ;)

at least it wasn't sledgehammer ?

to the hard core, solsbury hill is more sacred. but i could never begrudge him a dime from his work, however he makes it. he's done so my for *music* it can't even be quantified.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Alessiana wrote:
    to the hard core, solsbury hill is more sacred. but i could never begrudge him a dime from his work, however he makes it. he's done so my for *music* it can't even be quantified.

of all the songs in his catalogue to use he picked solsbury hill...one of the best songs, ever...

for sure i don't begrudge him and how he makes a living but it's weird cause it appears everyone is cashing in now...

sign of the times

one thing remains...neil ain't singing for pepsi/coke or budweiser
    this notes for you!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Alessiana wrote:

the man is pure musical genius, personified...so yea, i don't care at all how he chooses to put it out there. his work, his choice.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    AndySlash wrote:

Damn funny episode of South Park and a great line for us Gabriel fans.

I also believe that he has licensed "Big Time" several times for ads...............The WWE used it in promos for Wrestlemania.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • one thing remains...neil ain't singing for pepsi/coke or budweiser
    this notes for you!

...to the best of my knowledge, neither is R.E.M.

Although I stand by my original statement that I just don't care about artists selling their songs. Just be honest about it.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage