Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Anyone get the new Jimmy Eat World album?
I got it today,had to wait a week cos I had no money but I have it now that's all that matters.It's really good if you're a fan of Bleed American and/or Futures,it's kind of somewhere in between those two albums.It doesn't really have anything as compelling as 23 or Hear You Me(apart from the last song 'Dizzy') but overall I think it's a better album than Futures,Futures was great at times but I can't really listen to it from start to finish to be honest.Anywho,you should definitely get the new one,it's pretty upbeat.

For anyone who hasn't heard the first single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgA3_l9EP4
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Carlos D wrote:
    I got it today,had to wait a week cos I had no money but I have it now that's all that matters.It's really good if you're a fan of Bleed American and/or Futures,it's kind of somewhere in between those two albums.It doesn't really have anything as compelling as 23 or Hear You Me(apart from the last song 'Dizzy') but overall I think it's a better album than Futures,Futures was great at times but I can't really listen to it from start to finish to be honest.Anywho,you should definitely get the new one,it's pretty upbeat.

For anyone who hasn't heard the first single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgA3_l9EP4

I got it. It needs to grow on me. Futures is absoutely my favorite of theirs, and I don't think this new one is quite as good. On the upside, it is an excuse for them to tour, and I'm finally seeing them Nov 3 in Pittsburgh.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Carlos D wrote:

it's a catchy record...more complete than their past albums, if you ask me.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I got it. It needs to grow on me. Futures is absoutely my favorite of theirs, and I don't think this new one is quite as good. On the upside, it is an excuse for them to tour, and I'm finally seeing them Nov 3 in Pittsburgh.

Yeah I know what you're saying,Futures was a lot more personal than this album.Some of the new album seems kind of rushed but the more I listen to it the more I like it.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    I really like but I have enjoyed all Jimmy Eat World album since Clarity (Static Prevails has it moments but falls well short of the other 4 albums in my opinion). This new one feels like Bleed America part 2, which is fine with me :)

Living in the UK our version comes with 2 bonus tracks. 'Be Sensible' is outstanding easily in the top 3 on the album, 'Distraction' is a solid track but nothing special.

Jimmy are one of the very few bands around right now who actually write great 'pop' songs.
    Soupy wrote:
    I really like but I have enjoyed all Jimmy Eat World album since Clarity (Static Prevails has it moments but falls well short of the other 4 albums in my opinion). This new one feels like Bleed America part 2, which is fine with me :)

Living in the UK our version comes with 2 bonus tracks. 'Be Sensible' is outstanding easily in the top 3 on the album, 'Distraction' is a solid track but nothing special.

Jimmy are one of the very few bands around right now who actually write great 'pop' songs.

'Be Sensibe' is a great song,the bonus ones always are.Bleed American had Splash,Turn,Twist and Futures had Shame and When I Want.

The best song on the new album has to be 'Here It Goes' , single handedly shrugs off anyone who still calls them emo by being the most danceable song of the year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUoG-uVLAi8

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Carlos D wrote:
    'Be Sensibe' is a great song,the bonus ones always are.Bleed American had Splash,Turn,Twist and Futures had Shame and When I Want.

The best song on the new album has to be 'Here It Goes' , single handedly shrugs off anyone who still calls them emo by being the most danceable song of the year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUoG-uVLAi8

That's a great song. I really, really like 'Always Be' right now. That song is a perfect slice of 3 minute-hand clapping-vocal harmony-huge chorus-pop brilliance.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    had it over the weekend & absolutely loving it
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • 2 things...

** I'll post a review of the show on here that night if anyone is interested.

** The album debuted at number 5(!) Good for them
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
    2 things...

** I'll post a review of the show on here that night if anyone is interested.

** The album debuted at number 5(!) Good for them

Yeah it was their highest debut yet!Futures only got to 6.
    Let me know what the concert's like please.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06