Chris Cornell - Thank You

Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone heard Chris Cornell's cover of 'Thank You' by Led Zeppelin?I think I can safely say it's my favourite cover ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUJg8-W5RE

Chris' voice is just perfect for the song,I'd love to hear him do a couple of Pearl Jam ones.
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If there's one thing I don't like about this place it's the lack of Chris Cornell threads.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I like this cover as much as the original. The main reason is because I hadn't heard "Thank you" before Chris covered it. So, it's thanks to him I know the song. Yeah, I know I'm pathetic for not knowing one of Zepp's songs. How "thank you" didn't end up on early days or Latter days... I'll never know. It needed to be on there. It is now one of my favorite songs ever, thanks to Chris Cornell covering it at shows.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    fucking great.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Great cover, i have a version from an unplugged in Sweden, do any of you guys have another version?
  • Yes, this is one of the best covers ever. I do like this cover more than the version on LZII. There is a great version on LZ's BBC sessions, but Cornell's is awesome.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • hguz73 wrote:
    Great cover, i have a version from an unplugged in Sweden, do any of you guys have another version?

I think the one on the video is from Sweden with just a slideshow of pictures of Chris.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    fuck him!
    I was going to download Thank You, but I postponed it because I had a designer event I had to run off to... I was going to do it again, but then I decided to postpone the downloading again, I'll give you the reason in a few months...
  • pjtaper wrote:
    fuck him!
    I was going to download Thank You, but I postponed it because I had a designer event I had to run off to... I was going to do it again, but then I decided to postpone the downloading again, I'll give you the reason in a few months...

hehehehehe

:D
  • red mos wrote:
    I like this cover as much as the original. The main reason is because I hadn't heard "Thank you" before Chris covered it. So, it's thanks to him I know the song. Yeah, I know I'm pathetic for not knowing one of Zepp's songs. How "thank you" didn't end up on early days or Latter days... I'll never know. It needed to be on there. It is now one of my favorite songs ever, thanks to Chris Cornell covering it at shows.

OH!! MY!! GOD!!

Buy, borrow, or download Led Zeppelin II, right now, and crank that motha.
  • I having this song played at my wedding. Though Cornell did a great cover of it, I'll still take the LZ studio version of it anyday.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I having this song played at my wedding. Though Cornell did a great cover of it, I'll still take the LZ studio version of it anyday.

Zep studio version < Chris Cornell cover < Live/session Zep versions
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win