Options

Ramones on KFC ad

Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Anyone see the new KFC ad with the Ramones song on it.I'm not one to complain about people ''selling-out'' but who's idea was this?Bands like The Ramones should be kept away from shit like that.If it's Motley Crue or Poison or whoever it doesn't matter but when it's a really important band like the Ramones it's just plain wrong.
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    Haven't seen it....but at least it didn't happen until Johny was dead.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    They have KFC in Ireland? I'm sorry.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    totaledheadtotaledhead Posts: 197
    i saw that this morning and i was shocked! the worst thing was i was watching bargain hunt (dont laugh :p) and they played blitzkreig bop in it ffs :/

P@M
  • Options
    Sathogwa wrote:
    They have KFC in Ireland? I'm sorry.

Yep,and lots of McDonald's,Pizza Huts,Burger Kings etc. Even a Starbucks now.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    They gotta make their money someway, even if they do sellout
  • Options
    They gotta make their money someway, even if they do sellout

But who?Most of them are dead.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I laugh whenever I see Blitzkrieg in an advert, because they ALWAYS leave out the "shoot 'em in the back now" part
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Carlos D wrote:
    Yep,and lots of McDonald's,Pizza Huts,Burger Kings etc. Even a Starbucks now.

Well I knew McDonald's was pretty much everywhere around the globe, but I didn't know how infected other corners of the world were with American fast food corporation bullshit.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    Sathogwa wrote:
    Well I knew McDonald's was pretty much everywhere around the globe, but I didn't know how infected other corners of the world were with American fast food corporation bullshit.

I just go back from China and I could not believe the number of KFC's over there way more than over here and they even out numbered the Mcd's.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    this is all their recording company's doing
    every fucking year they release at least 1 useless compilation etc to milk the name.
    Johnny isnt even alive anymore..he usually makes such decisions so please dont call the band sell outs...dead people cant make such decisions.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    Johnny, Joey and Dee Dee are dead. They CANT be sellouts if they are dead. But I hate stupid ass commercials like that. Like the Chrisler ad with the Led Zeppelin song in it. that pissed me off. Whatever, I dont watch tv anymore.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I just go back from China and I could not believe the number of KFC's over there way more than over here and they even out numbered the Mcd's.
    Think that's bad???? Was doing a tour in Suadi Arabia and you could take your pick of fast food joints. MCD's, Pizza Hut, KFC, and even a Dominoes. I guess the don't feel so bad about the "West" when it come time for a burger.
    Axis of justice.com