Bruce Springsteen-Ghost of Tom Joad?

Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I've been thinking about buyin this album,I've read nothing but good reviews on it and the title track is brilliant so all the signs are good but can anyone who has listened to it tell me how good an album it is?

I'd buy it for this song alone.Great lyrics and the Grapes of Wrath is a great book too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwbPqA3QhqA
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    That was my 800th post!:I should get out more...

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • usernameusername Posts: 48
    For me, The Ghost Of Tom Joad and Youngstown stand out by quite a ways. The rest are average by the Boss's standards, or by my standards of what I like from him.
  • Personally... I this album really strikes a chord with me... Kind of mellow & haunting... I find myself sometimes putting it on... & just relaxing with some lit-candles & a glass of wine... perfect...
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Personally... I this album really strikes a chord with me... Kind of mellow & haunting... I find myself sometimes putting it on... & just relaxing with some lit-candles & a glass of wine... perfect...

I'll get it so!It'll take a week for my local cd shop to get it in but I'm sure it'll be worth it.I might get them to get Lost Dogs for me too....

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Great song! This is actually the first time Ive heard him do it. I really liked the Rage cover and have been wanting to hear the original for the longest time.
    Brian
  • fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    I think "the line" and "straight time" are pretty underrated in Bruce's cannon
  • cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    Definately worth picking up.

I really like Bruce's acoustic albums. You probably alrealdy know about it, but definately check out Nebraska if you get a chance. I actually like Nebraska a little more than TGoTJ.
    Obama/Biden '08!!!