New Pumpkins Video

Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Personally I'm pretty excited that the Pumpkins are back but I can understand why some people don't share the enthusiasm after seeing the video for Tarantula.I love it personally,it's better than any song on Machina but it's certainly.. eh...'different'.Anywho... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5V2m3E4VvA
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    haha, I love the lazer beams from Billy's eyes!!

Pretty cool video. Imagine being that other guitarist and thinking "awesome I got the job playing in the Pumpkins" then Billy hands you the outfit......
  • Carlos D wrote:
    it's better than any song on Machina ..
    What the fuck is up with all you Machina haters? Get over how different it is and just absorb it. As much as I truly like the new stuff, Machina and Machina II seem to have destroyed Zeitgeist.

Anyway, it's a hilarious video. If anyone still doesn't know why Paris Hilton was on the single after seeing the video you're probably a dumbass.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • haha, I love the lazer beams from Billy's eyes!!

Pretty cool video. Imagine being that other guitarist and thinking "awesome I got the job playing in the Pumpkins" then Billy hands you the outfit......
    :p

The laser beams ruled!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I'm so disappointed in the new Pumpkins. It makes me sad. I tried to like Zeitgeist so much, but it just sucks.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Reminded me of the video to Cherub Rock. Different still though.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm so disappointed in the new Pumpkins. It makes me sad. I tried to like Zeitgeist so much, but it just sucks.

Nah it don't suck! You just have to hang up all expectations. I was hoping like most people for a return to the Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie, but in a lot of ways Zeitgeist picks up where Machina left off. There are definitely a few songs that hark back to the early days, and while a lot of the newer songs do have a latterday Pumpkins feel there seems to be a lot more melody going on, which was in my opinion sorely lacking from most of Adore and Machina. Maybe you are just trying too hard rather than letting the music just seep in gradually.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I loved it. Definately reminded me of Rhinocerous and Cherub Rock, with a little bit of Black Sabbath influence to top it off...and yes, I always knew Billy had superpowers!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    What the fuck is up with all you Machina haters? Get over how different it is and just absorb it. As much as I truly like the new stuff, Machina and Machina II seem to have destroyed Zeitgeist.

Anyway, it's a hilarious video. If anyone still doesn't know why Paris Hilton was on the single after seeing the video you're probably a dumbass.

I don't HATE Machina,I just thought that it was something of a disappointment after Adore which is my favourite Pumpkins album,I thought the Zwan album was great too so it just seemed out of place with the others in terms of quality.I've no problem with how different it is,some of the songs on it are my favourite Pumpkins songs Stand Inside Your Love,TryTryTry,I Of The Mourning,Heavy Metal Machine but that said I'd just rather listen to Tarantula than those songs.

You're right though,Machina gets criticised more than it deserves,a bit like Riot Act and Binaural.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Carlos D wrote:

i'm thinking that i need to stop being a pussy and drop some acid.
  • For the record, the new Pumpkins totally rocks and anyone who doesn't think so must've had ridiculous expectations or was a really big fan of his solo album and wanted more of that :D

That being said, I think it's hilarious that he still doesn't want the new "members" to have any identity. I mean, you've got Billy front and center (of course) and Jimmy is the only drummer, but then you have a multitude of bassists and guitarists as if to say "guess which ones they are". I guess they knew going in that they weren't going to be considered true Pumpkins, but I think that's still an unnecessary slap in the face.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    That being said, I think it's hilarious that he still doesn't want the new "members" to have any identity. I mean, you've got Billy front and center (of course) and Jimmy is the only drummer, but then you have a multitude of bassists and guitarists as if to say "guess which ones they are". I guess they knew going in that they weren't going to be considered true Pumpkins, but I think that's still an unnecessary slap in the face.
    On the contrary Ginger and Jeff were wearing white while all the extra were in black ;)
    Billy being front and center is also a standard (Cherub Rock, Rocket, Zero, BWBW, Ava Adore.....) ;)
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    haha i really like this video.... i really like the style of it.
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    also... i think Ginger Reyes is really hot. :)
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    danny72688 wrote:
    On the contrary Ginger and Jeff were wearing white while all the extra were in black ;)
    Billy being front and center is also a standard (Cherub Rock, Rocket, Zero, BWBW, Ava Adore.....) ;)

i think there was only 1 girl playing the keyboards in the video
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • 7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    the video makes me laugh...it's so funny seeing billy corgan without a guitar.

i'm not really a fan of the video, but the song rocks, and the album is even better.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • There's other people singing too, not just billy. I'll have to watch it again, but i think so far...it's one of my least favorite sp vids
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    7 Kettles wrote:
    the video makes me laugh...it's so funny seeing billy corgan without a guitar.

i'm not really a fan of the video, but the song rocks, and the album is even better.

he plays guitar in the video, it cuts to shots of him playing a few times...he plays a guitar the whole time live and he rocks!

he's actually reeeeeaaaaally tall, i'd say 6'4 or 6'5 and ginger looks 5ftor around there
    There's other people singing too, not just billy. I'll have to watch it again, but i think so far...it's one of my least favorite sp vids

yeah, in a few scenes there's ppl on both sides of billy singing, a black guy on the right side of the screen and i forgot the other side
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way