Built to Spill Cortez The Killer

BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone have a copy of Built to Spill covering Cortez the Killer. My buddy has it on Vinyl but not in MP3 format and I really want to hear it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Shows:
San Diego 2003
Grand Rapids 2004
Grand Rapids 2006
Detroit 2006
Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I tried to buy it on itunes, but it is the only one off of the cd that isn't downloadable. I have been looking for that cd for quite sometime. I really want it too. I have it on my lala wantlist, but it seems to be pretty rare.
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    I found an MP3 of it so I can PM you if you want it.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sign me up!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    BinGnarly wrote:
    Does anyone have a copy of Built to Spill covering Cortez the Killer. My buddy has it on Vinyl but not in MP3 format and I really want to hear it. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you live in Grand Rapids you should simply go down to Vertigo and purchase the CD. It's not out-of-print...and certainly not a rare CD. Finding a sealed vinyl copy is a little tougher though...but not for long because there are going to be 180g reissues that will probably be better quality than the original pressings. Regardless, BTS Live is a great title to own for sure.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    dirt wrote:
    If you live in Grand Rapids you should simply go down to Vertigo and purchase the CD. It's not out-of-print...and certainly not a rare CD. Finding a sealed vinyl copy is a little tougher though...but not for long because there are going to be 180g reissues that will probably be better quality than the original pressings. Regardless, BTS Live is a great title to own for sure.

Ill deffinatly buy it at Vertigo. I get all my music there when I have money. Ill go get the album when I have the cash.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

• dirt wrote:

I miss Vinyl Solution (what the owners had before Vertigo), used to be a few blocks from my house. Vertigo is cool though, just farther away.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If anyone has not heard that entire live album they should really pick it up. It is a great starter point for new BTS fans and older fans can drool over the 20 minute versiosn of Cortez and Broken chairs :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I miss Vinyl Solution (what the owners had before Vertigo), used to be a few blocks from my house. Vertigo is cool though, just farther away.

When they were on 44th and Division or 28th (by Breton)? Either way, yes indeed, those were the days! There are good things at The Corner Record Shop in Grandville too. One of the former owners of VS works there...

Btw, has anyone heard Martsch's record, Now You Know? I love BTS so I am guessing this is got to be good too.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    dirt wrote:
    Btw, has anyone heard Martsch's record, Now You Know? I love BTS so I am guessing this is got to be good too.

Dougs solo album is brilliant.

I picked it up at Vertigo. I walked in the door on a mission to walk to the BTS section and get two of their albums. I just saw two and grabbed them. This was about two years ago so when I got in the car and had started driving off I noticed about 5 miles from vertigo that the CD was Doug Martsch. I had no clue who he was and one of the song titles is "Woke up This Morning (With My Mind on Jesus)" I thought oh great... A christian rock band. But I deiceded to open it and play it. I fell in love right away.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    BinGnarly wrote:
    Dougs solo album is brilliant.

I picked it up at Vertigo. I walked in the door on a mission to walk to the BTS section and get two of their albums. I just saw two and grabbed them. This was about two years ago so when I got in the car and had started driving off I noticed about 5 miles from vertigo that the CD was Doug Martsch. I had no clue who he was and one of the song titles is "Woke up This Morning (With My Mind on Jesus)" I thought oh great... A christian rock band. But I deiceded to open it and play it. I fell in love right away.

That is a pretty funny story :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22