Options

DMB in Indy

VitalDissidenceVitalDissidence Posts: 160
edited June 2006 in Other Music
There's probably been a post about this but I didn't see one recently. I went to the Dave Matthews concert last Saturday night in Indianapolis and I must say that I was blown away. I wasn't that big of a DMB fan to begin with. I owned Crash like everyone else but I rarely listened to it. I mainly went because of the girlfriend because she loves him. Anyway, each and every one of the musicians on the stage were extremely good. Boyd Tinsley, the violinist, was the star of the show by far. He is just amazing on his electric violin. He went crazy on the last song "Louisiana Bayou." Their drummer, who I knew was really good before, was amazing as well. The bassist was the only one that really didn't impress me too much. It seems like he just laid back and played the solid bass lines that DMB has. It wasn't anything too fancy which is good but nothing compared to the other musicians on stage. I guess that's the way most bassists are anyway. Unless of course you're Flea or Victor Wooten.
This was my first DMB experience and it was definitely the best concert I have attended (I've only been to a total of 5 concerts however). It was almost a spiritual experience, especially when they played "Crash Into Me" as the sun set. The experience wasn't "enhanced" by any chemical either. I can only hope that PJ is that good in concert. Actually, I don't hope; I know that they will be that good.
"No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."