Options

Interpol

VitalDissidenceVitalDissidence Posts: 160
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Any fans in here? They've got some pretty good stuff.
"No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LaloLalo Posts: 6
    here. im a big fan of interpol. one of my fav
    "My dad says Pearl Jam fans are better than french fries". Matt´s son - Raymond Cameron

2003 - 07 - 17 Mexico City
    2003 - 07 - 18 Mexico City
    2003 - 07 - 19 Mexico City

2005 - 12 - 09 Mexico City
  • Options
    I like Interpol, but they do rip off Joy Division quite a bit.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    I like Interpol, but they do rip off Joy Division quite a bit.

Totally true. That said, I really like Interpol a lot especially that first full length album. And in a fun twist of immitating the immitators, there is another band that sounds just like them too. The band Editors turn in a great Interpol-esque performance on the single Munich.
    Goodtimes.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i love the bass intro in 'evil'...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I listen to Antics a lot. I hope to see them at some point and see if "Not Even Jail" will be as cool as I think it will be when played live.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    i just got into them a bit ago...i love the tune c'mere but thats all ive heard by them so far..any other recommendations????

thom
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    i just got into them a bit ago...i love the tune c'mere but thats all ive heard by them so far..any other recommendations????
    thats a pretty good song, if you like that then I would recommend anything else off of Antics. Take You On A Cruise, Evil and Slow Hands are ones you'd probably like.
    Her?
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    Turn on the Bright Lights is better than Antics
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    love antics... actually a big fan.. like all their stuff.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    antics is a great album, but i would probably nominate bright lights for best album so far this decade
    "Science has proof without certainty... Religion has certainty without proof"
    -Ashley Montagu
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    antics is a great album, but i would probably nominate bright lights for best album so far this decade

Prepare yourself for a shitstorm... as its been turned into "A best of the decade so far thread"

lol
  • Options
    I accidently won this Interpol poster on eBay a couple few ago. It's pretty nice and is sign/numbered. I won a PJ poster from this seller and then instantly checked to see what else he had up there and another poster that was signed and numbered had less then a minute to go at a VERY low price...so I just jumped right in the and placed a bid and won. Never even really read the auction (or the ENTIRE title...) just thought it was a good deal cause you could save on shipping blah blah blah. Turns out, it's Interpol!
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • Options
    they're quite good.

by the way, just to let it be known, there seems to be another thread praising them every week.

;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    they're quite good.

by the way, just to let it be known, there seems to be another thread praising them every week.

;)
    actually i searched the thread for that reason and i found none so i decided to start one.
    turn on the bright lights is better than antics. i do like slow hands though. very good song.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    I love evil. It was one of the very first songs I learnt on bass because of the awsome intro. They're a pretty good band.
  • Options
    MoshMosh Posts: 10
    oh god, the Joy Division comparison is retarded. Similar vocals does not equal a ripoff. Have you even heard Closer or are you just regurgitating some off the cuff comment in a Turn on the Bright Lights album review?
  • Options
    Turn On The Bright Lights is better than Antics, although I love Evil. Thoroughly enjoyed them live.
  • Options
    hoonbeamhoonbeam Posts: 24
    WES wrote:
    Turn on the Bright Lights is better than Antics

I have to agree. But Antics is great. I love "Take you on a Cruise". Probably my favorite Interpol song so far.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lumpyfred wrote:
    thats a pretty good song, if you like that then I would recommend anything else off of Antics. Take You On A Cruise, Evil and Slow Hands are ones you'd probably like.

'Slow Hands' is my favorite. I love that line when he says, "You make me want to pick up a guitar and celebrate the myriad ways that I love you."

They rawk.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    I loved Turn on The bright Lights, but Antics didnt do m uch for me , but i still think they are a pretty solid band and i LOVE listening to them

" This Ones called Stella was a Diver and She was always down"

i love that song !!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982