alter bridge back in the UK

jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
edited June 2008 in Other Music
so alter bridge is one of my favourite bands at the moment - i loved one day remains when it came out and honestly thought they could not do it justice with their second album... but yep blackbird was also immense.

saw them here in manchester back in january and it was just incredible - tremonti is an insane guitarist, and myles really does have one of the most amazing voices i have ever heard.

i've seen them get trashed a lot on here by people who can't stop going on about creed and scott stapp but at the end of the day alter bridge is completely different and 10000% more rocking and innovative than creed ever was.

my ticket came in the post today to see them again in manchester in november and i am really excited even though it's months away! anyone else into this band? going to see them soon?
2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm going to see them in November at Brixton Academy. I really don't care what people say, having seen them live many times, I can honestly say they're one of the best live bands around.

It almost makes me laugh when people still compare them to Creed, because there is very little similarity between the two - particularly on the newest album. When you consider that Tremonti is now busting out crazy guitar solos and riffs that he NEVER would have gotten away with in Creed; and then there's the matter of Myles Kennedy who sounds more like a cross between Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley than Scott Stapp.
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Il be there too, cant wait
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • I'm going to see them in November at Brixton Academy. I really don't care what people say, having seen them live many times, I can honestly say they're one of the best live bands around.

It almost makes me laugh when people still compare them to Creed, because there is very little similarity between the two - particularly on the newest album. When you consider that Tremonti is now busting out crazy guitar solos and riffs that he NEVER would have gotten away with in Creed; and then there's the matter of Myles Kennedy who sounds more like a cross between Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley than Scott Stapp.

my thoughts exactly!!

im thinking about getting a ticket to see them somewhere else on the tour as well as in manchester... have to see what happens!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I got to meet them at the Rock On The Range concert in Columbus, OH. They were very nice guys.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I got to see them at the end of last year- great live band
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I got to meet them at the Rock On The Range concert in Columbus, OH. They were very nice guys.

Yeah I've met them a couple of times too, very down to earth, and happy to take as many photos and sign as much stuff as anyone wanted.
  • caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    Really great band. I'm glad they dropped Stapp.
    Blackbird (the song) just gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. And yep, Tremonti can really shred.

Hope to see them live someday.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Yeah I've met them a couple of times too, very down to earth, and happy to take as many photos and sign as much stuff as anyone wanted.

Yeah, thats what I thought was cool about them. I thought the autograph seassion thing would be a rushed thing. But nope. They all possed for pictures, talked to you a bit. It was pretty cool.