so last night i saw...

jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
edited December 2007 in Other Music
LED fucking ZEPPELIN!

and it rocked so hard. best band ever. that is all.
2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    jealous here ,saw them twice way back in the day 77 &75 rocked harder back then but still happy to see them enjoy themselves ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I am also jealous!

I wanted to be there so bad!

How was Ramble On? It's my favorite song and I hear they did it in a bluesy manner. Was it good? Did it sound even remotely the same?

Tell us everything.

:)
  • Man, I'm gonna need more than that. Start typing!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    in depth review indeed
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • How was Ramble On?

ramble on is one of my favourites too - the only problem was though, in my opinion, that as it was the second song it sounded a bit dodgy (as did good times bad times which was the opener), but once we hit the third song the sound was incredible and flawless, and it stayed like that till the end thank god!

i had expectations that they were going to be amazing, but not THAT amazing! i'm still in shock!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    how was jason bonham?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Led Zeppelin played:

'Good Times Bad Times' - i thought they were going to open up with rock and roll but i was pleasantly surprised by good times bad times. the only drawback was the sound at the very start of the gig was slightly off - plant's vocals too low and jason bonham's drums too loud. but a great version, page was on fire.

'Ramble On' - i was surprised that they played this so early on in the set. but what a great song - plant left the screams of RAMBLE ON to the crowd and it sounded great. still hampered by sound problems a little bit but sounded better than good times bad times.

'Black Dog' - now this is where the zep sound guys got it nailed - everything started to come together in this song. john paul jones holding everything together on the bass. i forgot how much of an awesome song this one actually is (shame on me!). page on fire again.

'In My Time Of Dying' - this was my personal highlight as this has always been my favourite zeppelin song. i can't get enough of the slide guitar, and the solo, WOW. page really is still the master. and he looked so cool in his shades.

'For Your Life' - so plant introduced this one by saying they had never played this song live before so go easy on them. it sounded great. this was when the HUGE video screen behind the band kicked in and we got amazing visual treats as well as audio.

'Trampled Under Foot' - john paul jones moved to the keyboards here and the screens started playing really cool psychedelic images that worked great. this one got everybody dancing.

'Nobody's Fault But Mine' - i was thrilled that they played this one, love love love it.

'No Quarter' - seriously, WOW. no quarter is such a killer riff and page was so loud when he brought it in. plant's vocals as good as ever.

'Since I've Been Loving You' - a lot of people round me seemed to choose this one as the "piss break" song so to speak... but nevertheless it was very well received and sounded awesome.

'Dazed And Confused' - plant said that there were some songs that they felt they couldn't NOT play, and this was one of them. extended page solo in the middle, featuring the violin bow! absolutely legendary.

'Stairway To Heaven' - what can i say, simply one of the best songs of all time. vocals were ace here.

'The Song Remains The Same' - jason bonham is a quality drummer, he had this song sorted, lots of great little fills here n there. again great vocals!

'Misty Mountain Hop' - wasn't expecting to hear this, but it sounded amazing! 10000000000000x better live than on record.

'Kashmir' - this is the song that got the most people out of their seats and dancing. never heard a noise like it when the crowd were cheering after the end of kashmir. unbelievable.

'Whole Lotta Love' - the band went off for a couple of minutes after kashmir and then came back on to play whole lotta love. again, nobody was sat down and everyone was going crazy. page was fantastic.

'Rock And Roll' - the band then went off again for about 5 minutes, and people started to leave as they thought it was all over. BUT they came back on to play rock and roll. FANTASTIC version of this song! people came running back in on mass to get back to the front.

all in all, a definite 5 star.. 10 out of 10.. 100% amazing show. they really HAVE to tour, just so more people can experience this amazing band who are STILL the best in the world!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • how was jason bonham?

really really great drummer. very solid with really quick hands. he did a bit of a solo in the middle of whole lotta love and the place went mad. plenty of chanting for john bonham the whole night.
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Led Zeppelin played:

'Kashmir' - this is the song that got the most people out of their seats and dancing. never heard a noise like it when the crowd were cheering after the end of kashmir. unbelievable.

I would have shit my pants.
  • thanks so much for sharing that.

so happy to hear the crowd went totally berserk.
    what an unforgettable experience it must have been.

good for you :D
    Nice shirt.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    the bow!!!!

thats awesome

hope they come around
  • no worries
    im happy to share it all!

the bow was immense!!!!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    i could be thinking way too much into it, but here it goes...

everyone was expecting "rock and roll" to be the opener, with the lyrics saying "it's been a long time since i've rock and rolled." then it goes on to say "let me get it back, baby where i come from."

but instead of the opener, it closed out the show...

could they be hinting at the possibility of a tour or additional shows?
  • nice thought!

i fucking hope so!!!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Led Zeppelin played:

'Since I've Been Loving You' - a lot of people round me seemed to choose this one as the "piss break" song so to speak... but nevertheless it was very well received and sounded awesome.

I have so much to think about with work and christmas and all. And all day Led Zeppelin has dominated my mind. HOLY FUCKING SHIT - LED ZEPPELIN.

Can't believe people wouldn't appreciate this song. The best of the catolog..... the Zep catolog..... you know, the greatest catolog of all time.

Can't wait to buy the DVD and if there is a tour I'll be checking the prices. Prob be impossible to get tickets for, but ya never know.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=174419

sweet christ ive never seen a torrent this big on here before!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!

• 'Trampled Under Foot' - john paul jones moved to the keyboards here and the screens started playing really cool psychedelic images that worked great. this one got everybody dancing.

'Nobody's Fault But Mine' - i was thrilled that they played this one, love love love it.

'No Quarter' - seriously, WOW. no quarter is such a killer riff and page was so loud when he brought it in. plant's vocals as good as ever.

'Dazed And Confused' - plant said that there were some songs that they felt they couldn't NOT play, and this was one of them. extended page solo in the middle, featuring the violin bow! absolutely legendary.
    I would have died. Congrats on getting tickets and having a good time. But like you wouldn't eh?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    It would be like watching Jesus sing coombaya. They're not my favorite band, but they're Rock n Roll at its finest, really.
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    bharQ wrote:
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=174419

sweet christ ive never seen a torrent this big on here before!
    AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!
    i cant get onto the site
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Sweet lord!!! I had NO idea you were going to this jack!!!!! ((( :eek: ))): Wow! How on earth did you live to tell about it? haha. This is just beyond epic! Truly The Stairway To Heaven itself!! You totally need a "I survived the Zep reunion show" shirt cuze WTF? Seriously though! I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience. All of the reviews that I've read have honestly given me full-body chills and have made me tear up. This is just TOO huge to even process. God! That setlist?! I cant even imagine hearing these songs live. I was thrilled as hell to see In My Time Of Dying AND Nobody's Fault But Mine on the same damn set!!!!Jesus!!!!! Are you serious? BOTH of these songs? *shivers* And Trampled Under Foot?!! OMG! And For Your Life the first time EVER? :eek: Oh man Kashmir closing that set too? How intense is that!? I cant even...wow! Awww and it really sounds like the guys had a total blast. Up there playing their hearts out, proud as can be. *tears* Judging by how amazingly this went, I think it would be complete and total madness if it didnt happen again. I'm definitely keeping the hope alive for some more shows. To me this only feels like a beginning...which is INSANE. :D Bring it (on home) I say!

MASSIVE congrats on being a part of this epic epic night in history! **bows down** You are blessed beyond belief my friend. :D What a holy experience! Wow. I dont think I can possibly 'wow' enough about this. :o

Soooooooo looking forward to the DVD!!!!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • i know the feeling!!

i still can't believe i witnessed it, it truly was incredible... and in my time of dying!! man that is my favourite zeppelin song of all time.. that slide guitar.. that solo... just amazing!

rumour has it that led zep have 3 nights at madison square garden and 2 nights at wembley stadium on hold... so if that is confirmed then there is hope yet people!! :D
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2