"The Nightwatchman"

jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Okay so who around here is loving Tom Morello's (RATM and Audioslave guitarist for those not in the know!) new solo work as The Nightwatchman..?

I gotta say I am loving what I have heard and can't wait for the album, which I think comes out around late April.

It was pretty great to hear that Morello isn't just an awesome rock guitarist, but can also write some pretty fucking sweet acoustic tunes with great lyrics. He also has an awesome voice!!!

Anyone else digging the Nightwatchman?
2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I haven't heard his sounds before although I keep meaning to catch a listen. I recently read an article on him and the music sounded promising...he sounded really proud of it.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • just type in "nightwatchman" on youtube and there's loads

my faves are until the end, no one left and union song :D
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Nightwatchman<33333333333333

Looove his solo work, at first i had never expected him to have the tone he did, but it proved wonderful. So glad an album is in the works. He has a load of potential.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    lol his voice will take some getting used to, never imagined it like that. i'll check out his new stuff later on.
  • Okay so who around here is loving Tom Morello's (RATM and Audioslave guitarist for those not in the know!) new solo work as The Nightwatchman..?

I gotta say I am loving what I have heard and can't wait for the album, which I think comes out around late April.

It was pretty great to hear that Morello isn't just an awesome rock guitarist, but can also write some pretty fucking sweet acoustic tunes with great lyrics. He also has an awesome voice!!!

Anyone else digging the Nightwatchman?

Get some Nightwatchmen MP3s here: http://www.triadpictures.com/audioslave/

get the Cornell Unplugged In Sweden, too!! AWESOME!!!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical that Tom Morello can really write anything beyond a basic (albeit catchy) riff. But I'll give the Nightwatchman a listen when I get the time.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I'm interested in this project/album because instead of having solos which are just odd noises, Tom's riffs/solos will actually sound like they're coming from a guitar and not a dying cat.

Edit: I just downloaded one of his songs and I saying I was surprised from his voice is an understatement. Its like he's trying to sound like Johnny Cash. Its just odd.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Zealand wrote:
    Get some Nightwatchmen MP3s here: http://www.triadpictures.com/audioslave/

get the Cornell Unplugged In Sweden, too!! AWESOME!!!

thanks for that man

already got the cornell unplugged gig and you're right it's amazing!!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    The song I heard was a good song, but he really needs someone else to sing it.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i've only heard a handful of songs. as a morello fan from the early 90s i was very curious about his voice. and i have to say it wasn't what i expected, probably cause i didn't know what to expect but i love his tone. i love hearing tom speak, so liking his singing voice was probably a given anyway.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I live in L.A. and am fortunate enough to be able to catch The Nightwatchman's local residencies at these tiny clubs out here. Tom is great. The guy plays a classical guitar and plays the shit out of it (does a mean acoustic version of 'Guerilla Radio'). He's got a song called, 'Flesh Shapes The Day' that would make an AWESOME Rage song. He's so intense when he's up there, but when he's not onstage... he's the nicest guy.
    They are taking his show to New York... look for it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • when i was in college at usc, tom showed up at a 2004 michael moore speech/political boozeandbitchfest. let's just say alot of drunken republicans from orange county were around. no one really knew who the hell tom was, but i pushed my way to the front. he did 'union song' for sure and a couple others i can't recall. the guitar work was pure genius as always from this man. always wanted to hear/see more. thanks to those who posted the links.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • bump!

because morello is a legend!!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • gotta be honest...i hate his voice with a passion.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Can't say I expected his voice to sound like that--that's quite a Johnny Cash impression