Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Sounds good.
    Cant wait for the album to leak, so I can download it and stick two fingers up at Lars.:p

jk about the last part I'll buy it.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    this should be a sweet album.....tonnes of my friends are PUMPED for this!!! cant wait to see them live again, i really hope this kicks the industrys ass and shows them who is still potent
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    this should be a sweet album.....tonnes of my friends are PUMPED for this!!! cant wait to see them live again, i really hope this kicks the industrys ass and shows them who is still potent
    not metallica

thats for sure
    Skooled wrote:
    not metallica

thats for sure

only time will tell
    we shall see
    you will be the first on the metallica wagon
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I can't rally give it a fair analysis considering it's a live version, but I have to say I was completely bored with it by the halfway point. I continued to listen and to me, it didn't sound like anything I haven't heard before from Metallica. It didn't suck by any means, but I wasn't blown away by it either.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I really hope that 'tallica will blow my mind and kick ass worldwide once more with an awesome new album ... but somehow deep inside of me I know it ain't going to happen. I had a big 'tallica phase from their Master of Puppets days through the Black Album phase. They didn't really met my personal taste after that, sadly enough.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I saw them play it was Ozz Fest the other night and didn't like it at all. It was kind of boring. The song just didn't seem to go anywhere.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    thanks big man!!
  • That was OK I guess. I'm a big fan of the band, I just don't think they'll ever get me pumped up like they did back in the day. My musical taste has changed a bit, but I'll still check out one of their live shows. They're a great live band. Better be some fucking guitar solos on this album!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Sounded pretty good but the riffs perhaps needed some more development; there were too many random changes that didn't seem to gel like the older multi-structured songs they did.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    It kicks arse, yeah it roolz, it roolz huh huh huh.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Downloaded the Ozzfest show and listened to it 3 times. Has more a "Black" album feel than "And Justice". Riff is nice, middle was a bit foggy, but solo at the end into the main riff was classic. Wish I could hear some of the others, but this is 10 times better than any song from St.Anger.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    yawn...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • This will work. Nothing special, but it'll work the same way it worked for Megadeth. You get so far away from your roots that even going back, say 1/3rd of the way, pays off.

The mix is also kind of crappy, this sounds like a Metallica song at 120 instead of 200. So, I guess the person that said "Black Album" would be on the ball.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I liked the first half. I thought it had some potential. The jam was pretty nice cool riffs etc.

Then they start doing more time changes and they just did not seem smooth. They sounded forced. I did not care for that.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they might make their first decent album in 17 years. (can't believe the black album came out 17 years ago)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    intodeep wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic that they might make their first decent album in 17 years. (can't believe the black album came out 17 years ago)

Yikes...:eek:....I remember getting it the day it was released :o
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    jamie uk wrote:
    Yikes...:eek:....I remember getting it the day it was released :o

I heard that. I went and bought it at midnight. Took the '87 Chevrolet Sprint & got it! I remember thinking it sounded "weak." I assumed that Enter Sandman would be the "slow" track; boy was I wrong.

I think Cyanide sounded okay but I need to hear it more and hear the studio version to get a base on it. It seemed repetitive, something that St. Anger suffered from....long just for the sake of being long. The tunes on Justice were long for a reason....hell you can make Smoke On THe Water 10 minutes long if you want to (by playing the same riff over & over).
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    fanch75 wrote:
    I heard that. I went and bought it at midnight. Took the '87 Chevrolet Sprint & got it! I remember thinking it sounded "weak." I assumed that Enter Sandman would be the "slow" track; boy was I wrong.

I think Cyanide sounded okay but I need to hear it more and hear the studio version to get a base on it. It seemed repetitive, something that St. Anger suffered from....long just for the sake of being long. The tunes on Justice were long for a reason....hell you can make Smoke On THe Water 10 minutes long if you want to (by playing the same riff over & over).

Well, you woulda found it weak.....I mean you were used to listening to hard core stuff like Dokken ;)

j/k :) I remember driving 20 miles to my nearest 'decent' stockist in my 84 Morris Ital (I know, it sounds nowhere as exotic as the chevorelet sprint :cool: )
    I liked it though (black album) though not as much as Justice, and certainly not as much as M O P...now that's a record I love:D
    I'll give the new one a chance though, as I did with St Anger....which really is pretty poor, however you slice it :(
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Well, "weak" is a relative term. I was comparing it to what came from MetallicA before it.

Although you do raise a point from my memory. In 1996, MetallicA put out "Load" and Dokken put out "Dysfunctional." We all commented & agreed that it's a strange year in music when the new Dokken is heavier than the new MetallicA.

Great story, though. I loved the Black album when it came out, too. In fact, I listened to it so much that I'm still rather tired of it (same with Ozzy's "No More Tears" album).

I listened to St. Anger again a few months ago. It's painful. Ouch.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Thank goodness PJ never had their "St.Anger". I remember I immediately put that cd on Ebay after a week of listening to it.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    fanch75 wrote:
    (same with Ozzy's "No More Tears" album).

to this day i still love that album, but don't listen to it much because i killed it back in the early 90s listening to it so much.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Here is a soundboard quality version. Best quality I heard so far. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBy8--Y1Nc&eurl&fmt=18
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    'cyanide' tops anything they've done since the 'black album,' in my opinion.
    that said, the 'black album' doesn't come close to topping "ride...," "puppets," or "justice." so, here's to hoping the new album will fall in with those three records as opposed to 'the black album.'
    make sense? good. dismissed.
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Klumpie wrote:
    Here is a soundboard quality version. Best quality I heard so far. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBy8--Y1Nc&eurl&fmt=18

This version does it far more justice... Sounds pretty good-- the song gets better as it goes on. I might buy this album.
    fanch75 wrote:
    In fact, I listened to it so much that I'm still rather tired of it

ive been tired of it for a long time too :(
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Jesus, why don't Metallica get someone to ghostwrite their lyrics? This song has some vaguely interesting parts but the lyrics are dire.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    They have sounded completely uninspired in everything since the black album. I'm not sure even Rubin can help at this point
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Suicide
    I've already died

Fuck Metallica. This riff reminds me of a washed up Justice track. Lyrics are shit.
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    I kinda like it. Hey if James is proud of this new album, who are we to judge.Haha
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem