Options

Live - Songs From Black Mountain

KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Listen right now to this album, and I will come with a review soon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Till now it sounds better then I expected, listen right now to Sofia!
  • Options
    So I have listened 1 time. It's not fantastic and it's not bad! I will listen it again for a couple times and then I will make my opinion!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i expected a soso album as well..from what i have heard so far..i like Mystery best.
    hopefully will get this album next week or so.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i expected a soso album as well..from what i have heard so far..i like Mystery best.
    hopefully will get this album next week or so.

I think it's better then their last 2 albums, but worser then the 4 before that.
  • Options
    "Birds of Pray" was underrated. 'She' and 'Like I Do' are great songs
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    "Birds of Pray" was underrated. 'She' and 'Like I Do' are great songs
    "Like I Do" is one of me fave Live tracks ever!
    another gem on that album for me is "Lighthouse"
    BOP isnt as bad as people say it is.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    These songs are all little soft rock songs! The longest song on the album is 3:54 min. You wont find on this album songs like Dolphins Cry or Run To The Water. The songs are like Runaway and I Walk The Line, but then weaker.

The album isn't better then Birds of Pray and maybe it's even their weakest album they made. The production of songs are good, but the songs are to soft for me. But for people who like soft rock songs could this be a good album.
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    the river is a great song and live is kickass birds of prey is a great album all there albums are one of the best bands still going i havent heard songs from black mountain but cant wait to live rules
  • Options
    bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    the river is a great song and live is kickass birds of prey is a great album all there albums are one of the best bands still going i havent heard songs from black mountain but cant wait to live rules

can you use periods next time? i read this and ran everything together lol
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Sofia is the only one that I've heard and said "YES - that's the LIVE I love..."
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    "Like I Do" is one of me fave Live tracks ever!
    another gem on that album for me is "Lighthouse"
    BOP isnt as bad as people say it is.

"Like I Do" was a prime example (for me) of being completely indifferent to a song and then hearing it in concert and LOVING it. When they toured for "Birds" Live opened with it and it totally rocked. Now i listen to that song all the time.

Another song I like is "Rivertown." And "The Sanctity of Dreams" is better than anything you'd expect with a title like that.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Klumpie wrote:
    These songs are all little soft rock songs! The longest song on the album is 3:54 min. You wont find on this album songs like Dolphins Cry or Run To The Water. The songs are like Runaway and I Walk The Line, but then weaker.

The album isn't better then Birds of Pray and maybe it's even their weakest album they made. The production of songs are good, but the songs are to soft for me. But for people who like soft rock songs could this be a good album.

Wow, you switched on opinions.

I dig the cd. It is poppish with a rocky edge and all songs are extremely catchy. Saw the guys in concert last night and they did their name justice again.

Setlist:
    All Over You
    Selling The Drama
    The River
    Mystery
    They Stood Up For Love
    Run Away
    Love Shines
    Lightning Crashes
    Sofia
    Lakini's Juice
    The Dolphin's Cry
    I Alone
    Heaven
    Show
    ---
    Overcome
    Turn My Head
    Beauty Of Gray
    Run To The Water
    Shit Towne
    White, Discussion
    ---
    Dance With You
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    Boekel Man wrote:
    Wow, you switched on opinions.

First time I listened, I thought that it was better then expected. But now I have listened it 8 times and it's really boring. It's catchy, all the songs have the same structure and there are no suprises. If this album had only 5 songs, maybe then it was a good album. But it's just my opinion, maybe you guys will like it! :)