Options

Chili peppers at irving plaza may 8

joejoe988joejoe988 Posts: 62
edited May 2006 in Other Music
First off This concert was exclusive to contest winner so there were only about 100-150 people there. I was about 10 feet away from the stage. Man do they put on a great show. So much energy. They really know how to work the crowd. John Frusciante is just incredible. Chad smith is cool, Flea is downright amazing, and Kiedis is insane. At the end the guitarist for the Mars Volta jammed with the band as kiedis just stood in the corner watching comepletely in awe. Any other feedback on the concert and who was there would be cool.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    are you serious? chili peppers put on a concert for less than 200 people?! :eek: wow. obviously, i wasn't there but did hear about the show. i too would be interested to hear more about it from someone present...too cool! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    what did MV jam with them on?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Chili peppers are great. Hopefully I'll see them in San Diego this summer.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    joejoe988joejoe988 Posts: 62
    not sure of the exact song they jammed on (don't know alot of the titles but i love the music) but they looked like they could have played for days. Also I forgot to mention Flea did a bit of "Needle And The Damage Done" while they were working on (I Think) Fruciante's audio. (not sure if that's why.)
    It was really cool. Also here's a pic.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/001_117aee3c17dd5d69_1/2.2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&limitsize=280&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0

From a camera phone. Can't make out the faces but it's Flea and Fruciante