3 bands you must see until PJ's next tour:

RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
edited September 2007 in Other Music
#1 RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - no need to argue about how fuckin' much we needed them back nowadays! :D

#2 THE VERVE - they're back, one of my all time favourite bands!!! :rolleyes:

#3 AC/DC - too long hiatus + never seen them perform live ;)
Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
Eddie: Dublin & London
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ill take #2.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    accepted:)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dont doubt the power of

the E Street Band
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    #3 is the only one that I would sit through........going instead for the Drive-by Truckers. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Desperately need some RATM flowing through my veins. Please, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, please tour (at least) the United States!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    1. Wilco
    2. Spoon
    3. take your pick but get out and see some live music!
  • Sawyer wrote:
    1. The Hold Steady

2. The National

3. Editors
    ill second you're national vote!! I just saw them monday and was blown away...way more powerful live than what I thought. they seem extremely down tempo on cd. the layers of sound and energy live is amazing!
    seriously...everyone should see them live!

and i'll add in cat power :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Van Halen anyone? I'm sure McCready will be catching a few Halen shows.
  • Neil Young
    Nine Inch Nails
    Foo Fighters
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • who says ac/dc is touring again - have they even announced a new album? supposedly been working on one for years but as far as i knew nothing new had happened.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    1. Kings of Leon (Halloween- Orlando, FL)
    2. Alice in Chains (Orlando 10-11- unconfirmed)
    3. Brad- Hopefully coming to the South!!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Drive-by Truckers.

You can go see them three times if you want.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the drones
    BRMC
    kings of leon

and what do you know, i shall be seeing all three before the first week in january's up next year. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    1) Mars Volta
    2) Drive By Truckers
    3) probably Rage Against the Machine or the Verve (but it's not looking like any are gonna tour near me soon)
  • biffy clyro
    nine inch nails
    mastodon
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    The Weakerthans
    Bruce Springsteen
    Wintersleep
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • who says ac/dc is touring again - have they even announced a new album? supposedly been working on one for years but as far as i knew nothing new had happened.

http://www.topix.net/forum/who/ac-dc/TDKMFSJD99NQOEP28

lots of speculation, its gonna happen.

for me

NEIL YOUNG
    AC/DC
    U2
    THE MUSIC

KINGS OF LEON

p.s.- when the hell did the verve reappear? HUH?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24