Options

New Ben Harper CD...

habit77habit77 Posts: 8
edited March 2006 in Other Music
.. double CD that is.

Is probably his best yet. Great balance of ballads, some rock-funk, and just just some outright FUNK.

Highly Recommended!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    habit77 wrote:
    .. double CD that is.

Is probably his best yet. Great balance of ballads, some rock-funk, and just just some outright FUNK.

Highly Recommended!

What's the name of the album?
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    "Both sides of the gun"

Its pretty political.
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Awesome
    I'm a huge Ben Harper fan

Although I guess not huge enough to know he has a new album out!

Anyways, thanks for the heads up.xx
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    awesome! can't wait for the 21st
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    What does this have to do with Pearl Jam?

Please see "Other Music" forum, thanks.
  • Options
    LBC1076 wrote:

Funny. I didnt see LBC1076 listed as a moderator.

If anyone wants the album early, drop me a PM. I'll provide a link.
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    habit77 wrote:
    Funny. I didnt see LBC1076 listed as a moderator.

If anyone wants the album early, drop me a PM. I'll provide a link.
    Hehe

They're not a mod but raise a good point...

The thread will probably be moved there soon enough so there's no need to raise that issue LBC1076

Habit77 thanks for the offer... PM on it's way
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Thanks for the heads up.. but yeah, wrong forum hehe..

Ben Harper rocks :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Exactly. I just wanted to get the post out in front of the vast majority.

Then let the mods move it as needed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tremortremor Posts: 37
    LBC1076 wrote:

um, shut up.

Yeah, the new BH stuff is great, haven't heard the album yet but I saw him at the El Rey in LA (on the second night, the better of the two shows, so I've heard) and they played a lot of the new stuff. It was honestly one of the best shows I've ever been to. They played Serve Your Soul, oh God it was amazing. I can't wait for the album so I can go straight to that track.

Let me know if you know where I can get a bootleg of that show, but I'm waiting for the album.
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    habit77 wrote:
    Exactly. I just wanted to get the post out in front of the vast majority.

Then let the mods move it as needed.

Thanks!

The mods have enough work to do already.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    The mods have enough work to do already.

awwwwwww :(
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    Its okay but Im not digging it all that much. A few good tracks but as a whole its not doing much for me.

As a Yankee fan I hated this line :)

"Johnny Damon swung a bat, grand slam, that was that an 86 year curse was gone"
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    Its okay but Im not digging it all that much. A few good tracks but as a whole its not doing much for me.

As a Yankee fan I hated this line :)

"Johnny Damon swung a bat, grand slam, that was that an 86 year curse was gone"

Really? I think its some of his and his bands best work. I think it might have been one kick-ass single album though.

Also a Yankee fan, wasnt too happy with that line either. At least we have Damon this year :)
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    habit77 wrote:
    Really? I think its some of his and his bands best work. I think it might have been one kick-ass single album though.

Also a Yankee fan, wasnt too happy with that line either. At least we have Damon this year :)

As a Red Sox fan that still sounds like some pretty cheesy lyrics to me.

I don't know, i've seen Ben over 15 times but i really haven't enjoyed his songwriting since pre "Burn to Shine". I'm sure i'll check it out but i don't hold out too much hope.

Thanks for the heads up, however.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I think it's quite good!

It's pretty much all that i've been listening to the last couple days.
  • Options
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    I saw Ben a couple of nites ago and he put on a fucking great show (as always!). The mellow disc just flat out sucks to me, but i really dig the harder stuff. I think this would of been a great single disc album, but oh well the show was fucking great and i got to find the cd at local vinyl shop 2 weesk before it came out so its all good.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Had to bump this thread, I'm absolutely loving this new album. Picture In a Frame and More Than Sorry are two amazing songs among many highlights. I love how he can go from all out funk wailing to the most fragile vocal possible, a truly talented man. And the more I listen to it, I can see why he put the different songs on to two separate discs nearly any 18 song album would be a chore to listen to, here it is broken down nicely.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    When did the album come out? For some reason I thought it wasn't out til april.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    LBC1076 wrote:

Ummm. . . . i think this is the Other Music forum, thanks.

and ben harper has played songs with Pearl Jam live. AND ben harper covered indifference.

Ben Harper is amazing! i'm pumped for the new CD. Cant Wait.
  • Options
    "When did the album come out? For some reason I thought it wasn't out til april."

It comes out Tuesday (3/21). However, except for the guy who mentioned finding the album in a Vinyl store two weeks ago I'm struggling to figure out how so many people have heard it already. Was the album leaked? Did you pre-order it and it already arrived? Or did you happen upon it like I'm_One?

I've heard samples and watched the making of featurette on his official site, and I can say that it sounds like I'll probably like some of the songs, not so much some others. That's every Ben Harper album for me. Don't hear any songs I think I'll like better than "Diamonds on the Inside". However, I haven't heard the album yet so I can't say that for sure.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    "When did the album come out? For some reason I thought it wasn't out til april."

It comes out Tuesday (3/21). However, except for the guy who mentioned finding the album in a Vinyl store two weeks ago I'm struggling to figure out how so many people have heard it already. Was the album leaked? Did you pre-order it and it already arrived? Or did you happen upon it like I'm_One?

I've heard samples and watched the making of featurette on his official site, and I can say that it sounds like I'll probably like some of the songs, not so much some others just like every Ben Harper for me. However, I haven't heard the album yet so I can't say that for sure.
    It has leaked, I haven't heard it yet, but it is out there for anyone who wants to listen to it. Probably been out for a few weeks, if not longer.