Should I Go See Moe Tomorrow Night?

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Moe is playing in Myrtle Beach tomorrow night (6/19) at House of Blues and I'm thinking about checking them out. I'm not really familiar with their stuff and would like some input on their live shows. We're staying at a condo that's less than 10 minutes from the venue so it's very convenient if we decide to go. Who would you guys compare them to? Should we go see them? Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Bump. Gonna try to buy tickets online tonight so any info would be very helpful. Thanks.
    I don't know about the band. Having said that, I think it's ALWAYS worth goin to a show! IF you can swing it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • TKDTKD Posts: 163
    moe is defenitely worth checking out if you like jambands. There lots of fun and the crowd is usually very kind.
    Allman bros/phishy kinda sounding.
    dl a rebubala from the LMA and youll get a pretty good idea.
    The bass player rob is phenominal.
    You should really hope they bust a Mexico out on you if you go.
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • adam42381 wrote:
    Moe is playing in Myrtle Beach tomorrow night (6/19) at House of Blues and I'm thinking about checking them out. I'm not really familiar with their stuff and would like some input on their live shows. We're staying at a condo that's less than 10 minutes from the venue so it's very convenient if we decide to go. Who would you guys compare them to? Should we go see them? Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

yes, go. i've seen them 50 times and they do nothing but get better every time. be sure to get a lot of rest before the show. you're gonna be dog tired afterwards. and make sure you post here with a review.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    yes, go. i've seen them 50 times and they do nothing but get better every time. be sure to get a lot of rest before the show. you're gonna be dog tired afterwards. and make sure you post here with a review.

Do the guys in the band know you're their personal stalker?

:D:p
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I saw them opening for Robert Plant 3 years ago. I thought they were great.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Do yourself a favor and go!!! Although their shows down south aren't as crazy as up in the northeast (they usually sell out their venues up here and bring the heat), they are still very, very, good. If you like jambands, you will definetly love them. Two guitars, a insane bass player, drummer, and percussionist. They will play a couple longer jams, but also a couple shorter songs. After their annual fest moe.down on labor day, they are taking a break until sometime in 2009, so definetly check them out, they are on fire this tour. I'll be seeing them twice in july, then attending their fest (just missed the two shows at the saranac brewery because of a lack of $$).
  • I have seen them a bunch of times and they are great. Cool jam band...reminds me of Phish or Allman bro's a bit...lots of good stuff and fun crowd typically. They are from Upstate NY where I am from and have "Moe Down" every summer which is a great time.... It's a Good time!
    Thanks to everyone for the input. The wife and I are going to check them out for sure now. The show is at 6:30 and it's billed as An Evening With Moe. I called to get tickets and they said they have over 1,000 left so we're just going to grab them at the door. I'll post a review either tonight or tomorrow.
    Good move!!! Enjoy the show (hopefully you do), i'm actually very jealous I have to wait a full month til my next show.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    adam42381 wrote:
    Thanks to everyone for the input. The wife and I are going to check them out for sure now. The show is at 6:30 and it's billed as An Evening With Moe. I called to get tickets and they said they have over 1,000 left so we're just going to grab them at the door. I'll post a review either tonight or tomorrow.

first time i saw moe. i was blown away. they got it.
  • augustwest wrote:
    first time i saw moe. i was blown away. they got it.

first time i saw them was the first moe.down. been to every one of them since. it's such a great way to end the summer. looking forward to this years moe.down. presidents of the united states of america and fishbone have already been booked.

whoever is going this year, we should meet up and have a few saranac's :)

**edit**
    oh, and brain of j.lo : no, they don't. and keep it quiet. i don't want to get banned from future shows. and don't deny it, you've seen them a couple times and i know you dig 'em.

**edit #2**
    here's a link with a video of them and perry ferrell from last years moe.down.
    http://moe.org/moedown/?PHPSESSID=ec6b34cf683c48518471e517e6bd5224
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    first time i saw them was the first moe.down. been to every one of them since. it's such a great way to end the summer. looking forward to this years moe.down. presidents of the united states of america and fishbone have already been booked.

whoever is going this year, we should meet up and have a few saranac's :)

**edit**
    oh, and brain of j.lo : no, they don't. and keep it quiet. i don't want to get banned from future shows. and don't deny it, you've seen them a couple times and i know you dig 'em.

**edit #2**
    here's a link with a video of them and perry ferrell from last years moe.down.
    http://moe.org/moedown/?PHPSESSID=ec6b34cf683c48518471e517e6bd5224

I'll be there, it'll be my 4th time. We should def. meet up and set up a PJ campsite. Also, assuming they do it again, I'll be at the breakfast pre-moe.down throw down party in utica

if anybody doens't know the breakfast, go get some of their music, one of the greatest "under the radar bands" out there.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    **edit**

:D

Ok, I'll keep my mouth shut. ;)

And yeah. They didn't suck too badly. :rolleyes:

:D
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    FUCKING MOE. IS great!!! Ive seen them 11 times and they get better everytime I see them.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

The show last night was a lot of fun. I didn't recognize any of the songs but the extended jams were solid. Good vibe throughout the crowd. They played 2 sets of about 90 minutes each. The wife got a bit bored toward the end of the show and we ended up leaving about 30 minutes early. Jam bands aren't exactly my thing but it was worth giving a shot. Overall, I'm glad we went.
    looking at the setlist it looks like the 2nd set had alot more "extended" jam songs, where I can see people getting bored of it if it is not their cup of tea. Too bad you left before Rebubula, that always get's the crowd fired up. Glad you had a good time.