The Decemberists

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I know nothing about these guys and they're coming to town soon. Any thoughts/suggestions?
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    they're a lot of fun in concert. it's like a drunken seaside singalong.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I own the Crane Wife, and I love it :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • adam42381 wrote:
    I know nothing about these guys and they're coming to town soon. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    a very good show!! I wish that I had better seats but still fantastic. it was amusing to hear colin rant about playing at universal citywalk...not a fan of theme parks I take it ;)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Yeah, go and see them/buy their records. The Decemberists are a fucking brilliant band!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    meme wrote:
    I own the Crane Wife, and I love it :)
    yeah great album :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • adam42381 wrote:

Go see them.

That is my suggestion. :D

I haven't seen them yet, but my husband has, and he said their show was great. I love their records, and hope I get a chance to see them soon!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    good band. get your ass in the row
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • They are amazing and energetic at their live show. I own 3 of their albums, and love each one of them. I would love to see them again at a smaller venue. Unfortunately I was battling White Stripes fans in the crowd at Bonnaroo when I saw them. They did cover the 'The Weight' by The Band too. It was sexy.
    Cock Fight.
  • Tek Money wrote:
    They are amazing and energetic at their live show. I own 3 of their albums, and love each one of them. I would love to see them again at a smaller venue. Unfortunately I was battling White Stripes fans in the crowd at Bonnaroo when I saw them. They did cover the 'The Weight' by The Band too. It was sexy.

I am over-weight.
    do you think I'm sexy?
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    I am over-weight.
    do you think I'm sexy?

I would need photo's to answer this question honestly.
    Cock Fight.
  • Tek Money wrote:
    I would need photo's to answer this question honestly.

what? in the flesh wasn't enough for you to form
    an opinion?
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.