Jandek

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I just read an article about the reclusive artist, Jandek, in an old issue of Spin. Just wondering if anybody here has heard any of his stuff. Apparentlly, he's released 47 albums of original material since 1978. I'm a bit curious as to what it's like. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandek
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I have heard of him but haven't actually heard him.

I'm intrigued though.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    that is really fucking wierd, man. I wish I could've witnessed the Portland show on April 20th, 2005 as it was my 25th birthday. Oh well, sound like he's playing more shows, so MAYBE there is a chance. I've never heard a single note of his music but I still would love to see him live.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Jandek's music is genuinely fucking creepy
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:
    Jandek's music is genuinely fucking creepy

Creepy like the recent Scott Walker?

If he performs with Richard Youngs and stuff, I can kinda see what his field is like. I saw a bunch of used CDs in the avant garde section the other day, and I was intrigued as well. But I wanna hear a bit before I buy anything. ;)
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I dunno, I never listened to scott waker.

Download Ready For The House and see what I'm up about. Or at least the song "Naked In The Afternoon"
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");