Jeff Healey

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I remember borrowing his cover album, Cover to Cover, a few years ago from a roommate and enjoying it. I recently saw a live performance DVD of him from several years ago and it was very good. In case you don't know, he's a blind guitarist that plays his Strat across his lap. He's very talented. I heard that he has now taught himself to play trumpet and focuses on early jazz music but his blues stuff is very good. Anybody else like him or have any of his stuff?
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    His version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" kicked some ass.................he will live forever on cable TV and replays of "Roadhouse." :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    adam42381 wrote:
    I remember borrowing his cover album, Cover to Cover, a few years ago from a roommate and enjoying it. I recently saw a live performance DVD of him from several years ago and it was very good. In case you don't know, he's a blind guitarist that plays his Strat across his lap. He's very talented. I heard that he has now taught himself to play trumpet and focuses on early jazz music but his blues stuff is very good. Anybody else like him or have any of his stuff?

He owns a bar up here that caters to live music most nights. For that I give him two thumbs up. Too many live music places are closing up and nobody gives a rats ass to see some band who they don't know, for the simple reason that they may suck. Or may be great. You don't know if you don't go.

He is now playing a few different instruments that he has taught himself. Not to shabby for a blind dude at all.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    even flow? wrote:
    He owns a bar up here that caters to live music most nights.
    Is Patrick Swayze his bouncer??? :):D;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.