Ramones

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I know basically nothing about them other than they're highly respected and founders of punk. Only songs I know off hand are Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be Sedated. Lead me in the right direction and explain why I should listen to them. I'm curious.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• they are really good. ive been getting into them recently and i bought i think its called "were a happy family" a ramones tribute album. eddie does a song on it and so do some other good artists like rob zombie and rhcp.
    you should get this cd and feel around to see if you like their stuff.
    very good cd btw.
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    you should go and rent the dvd 'end of the century: the story of the ramones'... it's a very good documentary and explains why the ramones were so important...

musically, everyone's got a different favourite ramones record...
    i'd say check out a compilation first... the 'ramones anthology' is pretty good... 58 songs on 2 cd's...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    maybe this thread might help

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=155841

if it doesnt..then i recommend their first four albums,Animal Boy,Mondo Bizarro and a very good live album "It's Alive"

if yer kinda broke..maybe you should just check out their many compilations or their 4 disced boxset "Weird Tales of the Ramones"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA