Third Eye Blind

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited February 2007 in Other Music
What is everyone's opinion of them? I really liked their first album and the second was just ok. Their debut is probably one of my top 10 most listened to cd's ever. Every song was good, IMO. Anybody else like them?
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• third eye blind is my all-time most hated band. no offense. but my girlfriend in high school loved them and i thought (and still think) that they are possibly the lamest band ever.

do do do, do do do do, do do do do do,
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Motorcycle drive by is an awesome song, I like some of their other stuff too, but that is my favourite song of theirs.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I hated them for years, thoght they were the lamest band ever.
    While I still maintain Stephen Jenkins is a total yambag,
    There are some undeniable songs on that first album
    Losing a Whole Year, How's it goona be, Jumper
    Awesome pop songs
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • they are a good band don't here much of them over here in the uk are they still together?
  • i used to love that first cd. it reminds me of senior year in high school.
    this heart's on fire
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i still play their first CD, not too familiar with anything else they have done though.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I thought the self titled debut was fantastic. Blue was alright.
    I saw them live twice, and thought the first show was awesome, but the 2nd time was dissapointing. It could have been because the crowd had been involved in a really rough mosh pit all day as it was a festival show. So the band had to get everyone calmed down, but also Stephen's voice sounded really rough for this show, and the new guitarist that replaced Kevin, does not fit with the band.
    A friend of mine saw them a 3rd time, and said they lost it performance wise. I heard their 3rd album flopped, and have not heard anything about these guys, what happened to them?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I adored their first c.d. It was one of many soundtracks to my OAC year of highschool. I played the shit out of that c.d. I like to pop it in every once in a while for a little nostalgia. It's kind of funny because I have a brother who is 13 years younger than me, and a few months ago he went through my c.d. collection and has been playing this album ever since. As a result, I've heard a lot of it recently. It's a great pop album, in my opinion.

I haven't heard any Third Eye Blind outside that album.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i've seen them several times, my husband was the fan, not me...they grew on me!

i just bought tix to see them on 4/29 in baltimore.....

dooo dooo dooo
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I thought they were a pretty decent studio band and I like some of thier tunes, but they were absolutely terrible live. I really think Stephen the lead singer has a difficult time keeping his voice fresh. Probably why he sounds good recorded and awful live.

Stroke 9 does a far better job of that style of music in a live setting.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • their last album was actually pretty decent (in my vein?). i saw them live about 10 years ago and they werent that great.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    They're ok.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • iluvcats wrote:
    i've seen them several times, my husband was the fan, not me...they grew on me!

i just bought tix to see them on 4/29 in baltimore.....

dooo dooo dooo

Ill be at the show too!

They arent the best of musicians but I really like them.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Ill be at the show too!

They arent the best of musicians but I really like them.

I think they are good and I have nothing better to do on that sunday night.
    my husband likes them, so what they hell? :) It was pretty cheap tix.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • They're decent. Of the three albums I own, I could weed down the filler to one pretty good album.
    "It's all happening"