A Few Bonnaroo Questions

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited February 2007 in Other Music
This is for those who have been there before. The wife and I are considering going this year and I have a few questions. First off, how much spending cash should we consider bringing with us? I know it's a tough question but considering concession pricing and being there all day I figure just the cost of water could be substantial. Excluding merchandise how much would the average couple spend in one day? Also, are coolers/grills allowed? I know this would cut down on costs considerably if we supplied our own food for the weekend. How far is the campsite from the stage areas? This could play a big factor in whether we eat our own food or buy from concessions. What is the shower/restroom situation for campers? I know that I asked a lot of general questions but I want to know what we're getting into before buying tix next week. If you guys have any other suggestions or have questions I forgot, feel free to add. Thanks in advance.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    adam42381 wrote:
    First off, how much spending cash should we consider bringing with us?

For a festival like this, concessions are actually pretty cheap. I think water is 2-3 dollars inside. And there are ALWAYS people in the campgrounds selling food and water for cheaper.

If you're not planning on buying drugs there or any sort of merchandise, you both could easily get away with having $200 in cash for the both of you.

Also, are coolers/grills allowed?

Very much so, just not inside the main festival area. And it's pretty easy to get food and stuff inside- the security is usually very, very lax.

How far is the campsite from the stage areas?

Depends on where they put you, really, and you don't know where you'll be until you're put there. So, I'd plan on at least a quarter mile walk. You may get lucky and get close, or you may end up farther out.

What is the shower/restroom situation for campers?

They have pay showers around. 5 bucks I think. Port-a-potties are EVERYWHERE, and usually only an issue in the morning. You may have to wait up to 10 minutes or so. They provide "sinks" and running water near every porta-john station as well, so you can brush your teeth, etc.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Sounds good. Showering for $5 isn't too bad. Probably take some baby wipes for freshening up. I've read that the tent only camping area is pretty good (other than having to lug all your stuff there initially) since you are very close to the stages.
    Sounds good. Showering for $5 isn't too bad. Probably take some baby wipes for freshening up. I've read that the tent only camping area is pretty good (other than having to lug all your stuff there initially) since you are very close to the stages.

Depends on how early you get there will play a factor on how close you camp to the stages. It can be a long line to get into the campgrounds.

My wife and I went last year...we paid for VIP package and it was WORTH EVERY DOLLAR. You get nice clean showers and restrooms that are cleaned everyday....you get a buffet of food each day...the VIP campground is at the back of the main stage and you have access to go in and out all day long.

But this is just my opinion. I have only been once so any others that have stayed out in the other camping areas may have different opinions.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    VIP sounds nice but I just can't see spending an extra $700+ for it.
  • Yeah, what we did was bought like 10 gallons of water (in jugs from Wal-Mart), packed those, and packed like sealed lunch meats and just brought like energy bars and shit. After the 5 days, we were so tired of drinking water, but hell, it kept us alive.. haha. We just carried two big water bottles around all day and never went back to camp until we were done with the day. We only bought food once from the concession stands, however, I think instead of spending money on other food to bring, you should just buy food from the stands, but that'll be more than bringing your own food. You just get tired from eating the same food that you brought, but it's not an eating festival, so yeah. Another thing with the water is... the bottle had to be sealed to get it into the festival, so if you bring your own water... what we did was:

Bought a pack of bottled waters, then bought gallons of water... took in a gallon of sealed water, and two bottled sealed waters... then when inside, after we ran out of the bottled water, we opened the gallon and poured it into our bottled waters.

We didn't take showers at all, but I must admit that the cleaning crews did keep the bathrooms in top notch shape... the whole time I was there, there wasn't one really dirty bathroom. They were pretty nice.

Our campsite was about 1/2 a mile, maybe even more... I'm unsure... to the festival, but it was pretty nice. We also just brushed our teeth back at camp. Haha.
    If I could, think I would give in.