New Kings of Leon Video

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Kings of Leon's new video for "On Call" is available for viewing on Yahoo! Just thought I'd give the heads up:

http://music.yahoo.com/promos/premieres/?pvc=0
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    cool. it didn't open on yahoo so i just watched it on youtube. thanks though, i wouldn't have thought to look this up.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    thank you,

hhhmmm kings of leon....i like their singles.

this song does not make me go "wow" but

i fucking love when base starts to play and when Caleb sings for first 2 minutes or so.
    i would've preferred solo to stand out more.

what can i say about Calebs singing....once i read some people find his voice annoying....in this song at the beginning his voice did sound annoying.
    but that was until base kicked in and then his singing style got very good.
    I like the way he sings and his accent ;)

*edit* just listened to some old songs of Kings of Leon which i didn't listen to for some months now, and fuck it, "i like his accent" is understatement, i find his voice sexy!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    The face that he makes when he sings "to be there" scares me.

Videos are obviously not their strong suit (yet) but it was pleasant enough. I liked being able to *see* the guitar parts....especially the sliding of the bass.

I love this album.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    a bit suprised that is their first single. Theres soo many great songs on the new album.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Keller wrote:
    a bit suprised that is their first single. Theres soo many great songs on the new album.

Yeah, I agree. I'm quite surprised to see that "On Call" was the first single. I guess they're trying to show the critics, etc. that their sound is changing and developing. If they had chosen "Black Thumbnail" as their first single, I think a lot of people would have said, "Wow. This is the same as their last album. Time to move on."

Don't get me wrong though, I f**king LOVE this album and "Black Thumbnail" is a seriously sock-rocking song. I cannot stop listening to "Fans"
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Keller wrote:
    I'm not surprised....actually it was a brilliant move because the song is such that makes you listen twice. When I first heard it my immediate reaction was "where the f*ck did that song come from?" because it's sound is so mature and adult (even sexy) as opposed to what most everyone expected: more durty South rock.

"On Call" hooked me. All the other songs are gravy.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    any word on a tour yet?
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"