John Popper Arrested

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited March 2007 in Other Music
E! News wrote:

Forget American Express. John Popper doesn't leave home without a lot of things.

The Blues Traveler frontman was busted for pot possession Wednesday after Washington State Patrol officers discovered quite an assortment of items in his car during a traffic stop.

According to the WSP, officers pulled over the vehicle Popper, 39, was riding in after they clocked it going 111 miles-per-hour on Interstate 90 near Spokane.

Officers caught a whiff of pot and, with the help of a police dog, they searched the black Mercedes SUV, discovering marijuana, a marijuana pipe and, stashed away in hidden compartments, a small cache of weapons, authorities said. Four rifles, nine handguns and a switchblade, to be exact.

Let's just say, the state patrol seized the Mercedes, which was registered to Popper, but not before uncovering a Taser and night-vision goggles, as well. The vehicle was also equipped with a siren, emergency headlights and a public address system, the WSP said.

"Popper indicated to troopers that he had installed these items in his vehicle because [in the event of a natural disaster] he didn't want to be left behind" and told the arresting officers that he collected weapons, the WSP said in a news release.

Well, surely Popper, a confirmed gun collector, didn't want to give them the runaround.

The musician and pal Brian Gourgeois, who was driving, were arrested and booked at Adams County Jail before being released on their own recognizance, the WSP said. Both will face misdemeanor charges of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, and Gourgeois will also be charged with reckless driving.

Popper, who lives in Snohomish, Washington, was also busted in Texas for marijuana possession in 2003.

The singer-songwriter is scheduled to hit the road (hopefully at a slower pace) later this month with the John Popper Project with DJ Logic. Blues Traveler released its eighth studio album, ¡Bastardos!, in 2005.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=925abf95-28a3-49ba-9c4a-e542adab8a99

Apparently, John Popper is insane. Otherwise, he was planning on starting his own pot-smoking military. Let's see: Speeding uncontrollably, check. Assorted rifles, check. Multiple handguns, check. Switchblade knife, check. Marijuana and pipe, check. This doesn't look real good for the former fat guy from Blues Traveler.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    This story didn't interest anyone?
  • he's armed to the teeth when the rapture occurs. He has to protect himself from flying skulls with batwings and the undead.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    It interests me. I just didn't know what to say after I read it. I'm not shocked he had marijuana.
    ...well that makes sense (and I'm not being sarcastic). I guess people expected this behavior from him?
    ...well that makes sense (and I'm not being sarcastic). I guess people expected this behavior from him?

Well, atleast for me, I'm not surprised when any musician/athlete/movie star are caught with drugs.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    people woulda cared more in 1995!