Go See Radiohead?

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Radiohead is playing in Charlotte in May and I'm curious to know if I should go. I should preface that with the fact that I'm not at all familiar with their music aside from Creep. I've heard such great things but I haven't ever been able to get into their music. I have all their stuff on my computer so I might give it another shot here soon. Tickets are already on sale so I will need to buy soon if I decide to go. Convince me one way or the other. Would it be a good idea for a less than casual fan to go see them live or should I just skip it altogether. Thanks...

EDIT: Just checked Ticketmaster and they're all sold out...I might have to be convinced a lot to try to buy scalped tix at the venue or on ebay...
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• um hell yea go, I would die to see them live.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i wasn't a huge fan when i first saw them..only knew the early stuff primarily..but now they're my favorite band. they're solid live & can't wait until they announce their west coast shows.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • i took a train from eugene to san diego to see radiohead for their 2006 show there. It was a short set, it was done by 1030 or so, but it was pretty amazing. They had all these screens in the background, some were tilted, and obtuse, it was odd. I clearly remember thom singing, and the wind whipping through my hair, and in the background was the san diego bay, and to the side of me was downtown san diego. Pretty amazing.

Definitely go. Radiohead is a band everyone must see once before they die
  • why wouldnt you go? if you can afford the ticket, the time, the gas, just go!
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this for me at the moment is a nobrainer. radiohead has totally captured me. was listening to kid A today for the first time in maybe nearly a year . from everything in its right place to motion picture soundtrack and it just blew me away. in my opinion there is no band around that is on their level. and no im not some major radiohead geek, but i think theyve well and truly blown into my top 3.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Definitely go! You absolutely will not regret it! I've seen them twice now and I can't say enough how blown away I was both times.....

They absolutely do not disappoint.....
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Radiohead is a must see. I'm actually going to the Charlotte show myself.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Save your money for PJ.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Radiohead is a massively different band than PJ of course. They are massively different than Creep by now, or even the Bends... but they are an amazing live act. If you like live music it would be worth it to see them. Great band.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i took a train from eugene to san diego to see radiohead for their 2006 show there. It was a short set, it was done by 1030 or so, but it was pretty amazing. They had all these screens in the background, some were tilted, and obtuse, it was odd. I clearly remember thom singing, and the wind whipping through my hair, and in the background was the san diego bay, and to the side of me was downtown san diego. Pretty amazing.

Definitely go. Radiohead is a band everyone must see once before they die

yay i was at both of those shows too...the weather was amazing. the second night i took it easy and went for the first row on the risers instead of being up in the front. nothing like seeing the sunset over the bay with thom and the boys coming out and ripping into airbag...
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Don't waste your money - overrated live band.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Don't waste your money - overrated live band.

not as overrated as your heartbeat ;-)
  • if i had to choose between pj and radiohead right now id have to go see radiohead. have yet to see them and tickets are so hard to come by
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    hmmm..go see the greatest band on the planet or not? tough question :)
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im reading this thread and radiohead's bodysnatchers just came on the radio. i think you should def see radiohead live. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Go
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Go, but ticket prices are absurd on eBay, last time I checked you would be lucky to get a lawn seat for under $100. Not sure if they are worth that much(not sure if ANY band is worth that), but if I didn't get my tickets during the pre-sale I would probably pay some ridiculous amount to get some anyway, they are must-see for me.
  • I'm going to that show. It's my 1st radiohead show so I'm pretty excited. They don't come around too often so I say, if you can find a way, you should definitely go.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I've seen them 5 times and it was worth it every time!! One of the only bands that gives me goosebumps every time! I'm gonna see them here in Europe in June & July for the 6th & 7th time. Already excited ...
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yes. Go.