The Felice Brothers

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited May 2008 in Other Music
I just checked out some of their songs today and I'm pretty excited to see them at Bonnaroo now. They have obvious Bob Dylan influences. Very solid stuff from what I've heard. Here's a video of their song Frankie's Gun (poor quality).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9Y2VPAm7EU
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    These guys are a lot of fun live. I only saw them play an acoustic show in a small record store but it was great. Much better live than on record.
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I really hope there isn't a conflict that keeps me from seeing them. Maybe they'll play on Thursday when the lesser known bands are playing. They're not a MUST see for me but I'd really like to catch their show.
    Guys... guys... guys...

Let me tell you - I saw the Felice Brothers open for DBT in Anaheim a couple of months ago. Different style than DBT, but man do they put on one hell of a show.

They blew the second opener (North Miss. All Stars) out of the water with their energy and connection to the fans. They are much better live than they are on recordings (although The Adventures of The Felice Brothers and Tonight at the Arizona are good discs - not as crazy about their new major self-titled debut)...

So whatever you can to not miss these guys...

Simon, the drummer and sometimes singer, chatted with me for about 5 minutes at the merch booth after their set. Real down to earth, great guys who just love making music.

Definitely the Dylan/Band references are going to be made, but I think these guys have their own thing going on... great young band...
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    NakedClown wrote:
    Guys... guys... guys...

Let me tell you - I saw the Felice Brothers open for DBT in Anaheim a couple of months ago. Different style than DBT, but man do they put on one hell of a show.

They blew the second opener (North Miss. All Stars) out of the water with their energy and connection to the fans. They are much better live than they are on recordings (although The Adventures of The Felice Brothers and Tonight at the Arizona are good discs - not as crazy about their new major self-titled debut)...

So whatever you can to not miss these guys...

Simon, the drummer and sometimes singer, chatted with me for about 5 minutes at the merch booth after their set. Real down to earth, great guys who just love making music.

Definitely the Dylan/Band references are going to be made, but I think these guys have their own thing going on... great young band...

Good to hear. They're playing Thursday at Bonnaroo so I should be able to catch their show.