Foo Fighters Wembley Stadium, Who's Going?

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Just got my tickets in the pre-sale. Just hope there are some decent support bands at 50 quid a ticket!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Me too :)

I took my time getting to work and did a couple of things convincing myself they'd be sold out by the time I logged on as didn't really want to go to a stadium gi ... 9.40 got a GA ticket really easy :o

The support better be GREAT ... I'm not a Serj fan
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Chime wrote:
    Me too :)

I took my time getting to work and did a couple of things convincing myself they'd be sold out by the time I logged on as didn't really want to go to a stadium gi ... 9.40 got a GA ticket really easy :o

The support better be GREAT ... I'm not a Serj fan

No Serj didn't do much for me either. I wonder why he went solo when his new stuff sounds virtually identical to SOAD?

The GA tickets were showing up as sold out at one point, but they've gone back up as available again.

I'm hoping the weather will be ok too. Silly thing to say, but I have memories of Aerosmith still in my head - it was supposed to be summer!!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    aparantly - Tim " herb" alexander - from Primus is playin drums?? is this truue!???
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    Whats with GigsNTours

I got in a panic, couldn't connect for 20 mins, managed to get some tickets, then saw Sold Out on everything. Now everything is back on pre-sale.

I notice the Foos website and board is out of action though.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • My sister and I were thinking about going, but for us it's a bit of a bad time to decide that now... :o
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'll be there (It's on my 21st and will be my 12th foo gig so I figured I should go for old times sake).
    Will be a bit weird with a rotating stage :S
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • I want to go, as I missed them last weekend as I was in Malta.
    Does anyone want to tell me the Ticketmaster presale password?
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm not going because I'm not really fond of stadium gigs, but...... I couldn't resist when I got home from work. Tried after 2pm and could have gotten standing tickets if I wanted. But I resisted....

Face.. were you at the arena last week-end?

Edit: Did I hear correctly? Central, circular revolving stage with 4 'runways'?
    Hi you Redrock, it;s me. Guess were not gonna meet up at this one then? 12 months on - ahh those were the days
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    Hey so02see! Nah.. not this time, but Pippa will be! I'm sure there will be other opportunities! :D Like maybe a lil' secret gig before?? :D It will be 12 months by then!
    I'm sticking with just going on the Saturday but if anyone is interested it has sold out and they have added a Friday date :eek: that is on sale at seetickets and ticketmaster now
  • Chime wrote:
    I'm sticking with just going on the Saturday but if anyone is interested it has sold out and they have added a Friday date :eek: that is on sale at seetickets and ticketmaster now

I had to book another standing ticket this morning for one of my mates, I swear all of standing was sold out in about 3 minutes, crazy!

I'm sticking with the one show too, I'm sure there won't be that much variance in the setlist. Plus I'm gonna try my best to get to the secret show!
    I had to book another standing ticket this morning for one of my mates, I swear all of standing was sold out in about 3 minutes, crazy!

I'm sticking with the one show too, I'm sure there won't be that much variance in the setlist. Plus I'm gonna try my best to get to the secret show!

I'm hoping my secret show luck will hold out. You going to QOTSA?

It's nuts that they are going to sell 180,000 tickets for two shows :o
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I don't do Stadium shows (exception for PJ because of the 10c tix..and even so, I'd rather they don't play Stadiums), hell, even Arena ones I avoid if I can.

look for 2million tickets on ebay soon let alone couple of weeks before the gig..no way Foos have THAT many fans :rolleyes:

and £50 for a gig where you need binoculars to see the stage?..
    Pegasus wrote:
    I don't do Stadium shows (exception for PJ because of the 10c tix..and even so, I'd rather they don't play Stadiums), hell, even Arena ones I avoid if I can.

look for 2million tickets on ebay soon let alone couple of weeks before the gig..no way Foos have THAT many fans :rolleyes:

and £50 for a gig where you need binoculars to see the stage?..

Good job you don't have to go then :D

I know Stadium isn't ideal for anyone but Dave loves those kind of shows and it gives him a thrill so you know you'll get a great performance.

I approach this gig completely differently than a normal Foo gig. More like a day hanging out with friends listening to a few great bands. Dave has some good friends so the support should be pretty good (if I don't like any of the support acts I'll probably sell my ticket).

I know at Hyde Park Juliette and the Licks were excellent though I'd never listened to them before, Angel and Airwaves weren't my thing so went and sat with friends and just chilled, QOTSA were great, Motorhead were entertaining and then we had the Foos.

I'm sure I'll have a fun day :)
    Plus I'm gonna try my best to get to the secret show!
    Me too!
  • got tickets,see you all there!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

quote]

That's correct, it'll be awash with tickets by now I'm sure....mind they do have a lot of fans, don't forget they are 'the acceptable face of rock music' as selected by the populist media.....Dave Grohl and his band are the housewives choice these days.
    Like you, I'll be giving it a wide berth.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    There are 791 pairs of tickets on sale!!!
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
  • Chime wrote:
    I'm hoping my secret show luck will hold out. You going to QOTSA?

It's nuts that they are going to sell 180,000 tickets for two shows :o

No I wanted to do QOTSA but I really need to stop spending money, so I've tried to cut back..
  • There's four of us going to the gig from n.ireland. We all love the foo's but its not like our pj love! i guess we're going to try and relive that amazing few days last june!! only difference is there won't be the pressure to get to the front row! we're lookin forward to a few days of relaxing , beer drinking, meeting new people and some great music.... hope to see some of you guys there!