New Raine Maida song.....

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited September 2007 in Other Music
http://myspace.com/rainemaida

called Yellow Brick Road, it's kind of hip-hop ish, but actually very cool, catchy tune.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    That is pretty cool, i didnt even know he was doing solo stuff.
  • bump
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i heard this guy works with Avril.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • LongRd. wrote:

i know his wife wrote some avrils stuff and kinda took her under her wing.
    chantal kreviazuk, didnt know raine worked with her. what happened to OLP? done for? they are pretty good live, for what they are.

p.s. listen to much BECK raine? wow first verse, if i listened to it blind i would bet my life it was beck.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I've actually hung out with him a couple times because my friend is good friends with their manager. He is a really cool guy and very down to earth, kind of how I picture Eddie.

But yeah his solo stuff is different, but I still love his voice.
  • LongRd. wrote:

he did, on her second album.. and her second album is actually pretty good.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    wow, awesome track
    listened to all the songs on his myspace and the solo stuff sounds very different from OLP which is a breath of fresh air
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • i like it :)
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    sounds good. does anyone know if avril made good on her threat to sue chantal kreviazuk?
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • PJBlissPJBliss Posts: 47
    awesome song
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Sonja_S wrote:
    sounds good. does anyone know if avril made good on her threat to sue chantal kreviazuk?

I think it was the other way, Chantel was gonna sue Avril, over a song sounding like hers or something.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    kenshunt wrote:
    I think it was the other way, Chantel was gonna sue Avril, over a song sounding like hers or something.

Chantal talked about Avril and some eerie similarities in a song in an interview and Avril then posted something on her website about sueing. I didn't read something afterwards though so maybe someone knocked some sense into her bleached little head...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson