New Alter Bridge -WOW!

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Come on people, check out the beginning of Buried Alive at least, the opening guitar spaz-out is awesome stuff.
  • "crickets chirping"
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • "crickets chirping"

I know, oh well I have nothing better to do but bump this thread until someone listens!
  • Pretty damn good actually.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Pretty damn good actually.

Yep, I know they might not be for everyone, but there is no denying the musicianship. The new stuff sounds better than the first record, which was still really good, but the singer was very new to the band and didn't really contribute to the lyrics or the music, he just sang over the top of it. This new stuff shows a real meshing of styles. I hope some people will give it a chance.
  • I'm one of the converted but these songs are A class...kicking major ass. I can't wait to hear the title song from "Blackbird".
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Shameless bump!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Anything is better than Creed
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Agree on the guitar work...not so much on the vocals.

I used to feel bad for Mark Tremonti because I thought he just had some bad luck getting into a band with a total idiot singer...

But then I looked at his website:

http://www.mark-tremonti.com/

I mean...jesus christ.
    If anything, go see them on tour- Another Animal is opening for them
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Yeah, that was crap.
  • Yeah, that was crap.

Ah come on, the opening of Buried Alive is fucking immense, what an amazing solo! Fair play if they just aint your bag, but there's no doubting their musical talent.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Agree on the guitar work...not so much on the vocals.

I used to feel bad for Mark Tremonti because I thought he just had some bad luck getting into a band with a total idiot singer...

But then I looked at his website:

http://www.mark-tremonti.com/

I mean...jesus christ.
    Ouch, that was painful to look at. A friend once encouraged me to give Creed a chance, so stupid me goes out and buys that Weathered CD. Worst $15 spent. I eventually threw it in the trash, but I'm still a little embarrassed by it. These guys were actually Christian rock? Please.
  • Ouch, that was painful to look at. A friend once encouraged me to give Creed a chance, so stupid me goes out and buys that Weathered CD. Worst $15 spent. I eventually threw it in the trash, but I'm still a little embarrassed by it. These guys were actually Christian rock? Please.

What's on there that's so bad?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Sorry dude, I tried. It sounds like a mix of hair metal and bad post grunge. But just because most of the PJ fans here hate it doesn't mean you have to. Lord knows there is probably a fair amount of music I like that the average PJ fan wouldn't get into.
  • These guys were actually Christian rock? Please.

they were never christian rock...
  • Thanks for putting their name out there. The few leaks sound sooo promising. A bunch of talented musicians still evolving together. Myles Kennedy has an amazing voice, composes a great deal of music and lyrics(remember Mayfield?), and has a serious guitar talent.
    Besides how many musicians actually have their own brother maintaining direct contact and correspondence with their fans---Tremonti does on alterbridgeband.net. His brother Michael keeps us fully updated with the latest develpments. Very down to earth fellas too, hang out and talk with their fans.
  • Thanks for putting their name out there. The few leaks sound sooo promising. A bunch of talented musicians still evolving together. Myles Kennedy has an amazing voice, composes a great deal of music and lyrics(remember Mayfield?), and has a serious guitar talent.
    Besides how many musicians actually have their own brother maintaining direct contact and correspondence with their fans---Tremonti does on alterbridgeband.net. His brother Michael keeps us fully updated with the latest develpments. Very down to earth fellas too, hang out and talk with their fans.

Absolutely. Obviously AB are at the commercial end of rock, but in my opinion there isn't a more talented band in their genre. And having met them a couple of times myself, I totally concur, very down to earth guys, and they spend AGES hanging out with their fans after shows.
    JSP552003 wrote:
    they were never christian rock...
    They are thinking of Creed- Christian Rock

Damn, Creed sucks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Creed was never Christian rock
  • JSP552003 wrote:
    Creed was never Christian rock

But they did suck balls.......
  • gabers wrote:
    Sorry dude, I tried. It sounds like a mix of hair metal and bad post grunge.

Out of interest, who would you consider 'good' post grunge?
  • But they did suck balls.......

yeah maybe so...to some (or most people on this board) but i like the first album and a few tracks here and there off the other 2