Options

Chris from American Idol really can sing.....

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Check this out: http://www.absentelement.com/

This is the band he was/still is in prior to going on American idol. Check out the first song on the media player, called Break Down, his voice sounds similar to Maynard James Keenan at some points, listen all the way through, he does one massive scream that made me raise an eyebrow ! Some of the music isn't too bad either, well ok a couple are duff, but anyway....sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't really care.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    it doesn't seem very "rock and roll" to go on a TV show like American Idol and be expected to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    it doesn't seem very "rock and roll" to go on a TV show like American Idol and be expected to be taken seriously.
    No, he probably won't be taken seriously by many in the business, but perhaps it is better to do this then to spend his life in a shit town, never to be heard of, playing gigs on the weekend and waiting tables during the week for the rest of his life.

I was at one time critical of these "rock" guys coming on the show, but you have to do what you have to do to get heard. American Idol provides him (and ultimately his band) a platform.

Besides, in an industry where Nickelback and Fall Out Boy lead the rock charts, what is "rock and roll"?
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    I respect the people who try to make it big on American Idol. It can't be easy doing it, just up and moving like that, And to essentially be doing a 12 week job interview on tv? I give them credit.

As far as the contestants, i'm puling for Taylor
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    There has been word that Fuel has tried to contact him about being their new lead singer, since Brett left the band. There was a lot of action on the Fuel board after he sang Hemorrage that one night.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    not very rock and roll?!?who cares??whatever gets his band or himself noticed...good for him!
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    wonder what 'queen' song he will sing tonight...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    brhf9 wrote:
    wonder what 'queen' song he will sing tonight...

probably one that a heavy rock band has covered and he knows a different way to sing it. He did that with Stevie Wonder (RHCP "Higher Ground", and he covered Live's version of another song, I can't remember which)
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    stone cold crazy?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    brhf9 wrote:
    stone cold crazy?
    yeh he might copy the MetallicA version and claim it was his ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I don't like him.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    zstillings wrote:
    I don't like him.

I asked him, and he aint too keen on you either.
  • Options
    harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    is this the bald guy who sang a creed sond?

he sucks
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006