Options

Alice In Chains Touring again

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited February 2006 in Other Music
i just found this: http://www.novarock.at/

not sure who'll be doing the vocals, but it's pretty exciting!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh read aboot this last night...am not excited honestly...huge AIC fan but it's not the same without Layne.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    yeah i know what you mean, but it would be sad to think that those songs wouldn't be performed again, and with the right singer i think it could be really good
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    That looks absolutely amazing! Gotta love AIC... hope it all works out! YEY!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    thats a pretty impressive line up, Tool are on, Maynard did some songs at the benifit show with Alice, so thats a possibility
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh read aboot this last night...am not excited honestly...huge AIC fan but it's not the same without Layne.

i have to agree.
    if eddie died, despite the songs being amazing and it "being a shame if they weren't played again" ... i STILL wouldn't want Scott Stapp or Rob Thomas or "insert any random eddie wanna be from the post-grunge era here" to go on tour with the rest of the boys and play his shtick ...

fuck that.

I don't care if you try and tell me AIC was mostly Jerry ... Layne was the front, and it seems a shame to "rehash" it with out him ... Maynard or not ...

:(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    i have to agree.
    if eddie died, despite the songs being amazing and it "being a shame if they weren't played again" ... i STILL wouldn't want Scott Stapp or Rob Thomas or "insert any random eddie wanna be from the post-grunge era here" to go on tour with the rest of the boys and play his shtick ...

fuck that.

I don't care if you try and tell me AIC was mostly Jerry ... Layne was the front, and it seems a shame to "rehash" it with out him ... Maynard or not ...

yeah but to me it's less about getting a sound-a-like and more about getting someone who can give the songs the passion they need. Maynard was a friend of Layne's, and so sang those songs as nothing but a tribute - the fact that he sounded great on them was a bonus. in some ways it's no different to how Audioslave have performed songs from their previous bands' catalogues.

i can understand why people feel sensitive about bands like Alice In Chains and Nirvana, because of the tradgedies that have occured, but first and foremost these bands made great music that deserves to be heard, and if that means with 3/4 of the band and another singer that can do the songs justice, then i'm all for that.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Interesting
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    yeah but to me it's less about getting a sound-a-like and more about getting someone who can give the songs the passion they need. Maynard was a friend of Layne's, and so sang those songs as nothing but a tribute - the fact that he sounded great on them was a bonus. in some ways it's no different to how Audioslave have performed songs from their previous bands' catalogues.

i can understand why people feel sensitive about bands like Alice In Chains and Nirvana, because of the tradgedies that have occured, but first and foremost these bands made great music that deserves to be heard, and if that means with 3/4 of the band and another singer that can do the songs justice, then i'm all for that.

This, I concur with entirely!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    This, I concur with entirely!

So, out of curiousity ...

if Eddie overdosed, or otherwise was no longer with us,

you would be in favor of, say ...

Chris Cornell getting togeather with Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt and, uh, Boom ... to do a full PEARL JAM tour?

Because,
    you know ... Chris was a good friend of Eddies, and wanted to do a tribute to his friend, etc ???

Just curious
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options

Chris Cornell getting togeather with Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt and, uh, Boom ... to do a full PEARL JAM tour?

Because,
    you know ... Chris was a good friend of Eddies, and wanted to do a tribute to his friend, etc ???

Just curious

i could actually see that happening(except for the overdose), it wouldn't be the same though, but it would be up to those involved with the music Jeff, Stone, Matt and Mike i guess, it would feel more natural with Chris than if it was someone who had nothing to do with the band say Scott Stapp, Aaron Lewis whoever, then it would piss me off even an artist i had respect for Josh Homme say as much as i love QOTSA it would just seem odd him singing with PJ.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    just look at the mess of the doors of 21st century shit... and I love Ian, but he belongs to The Cult and not attempting to resurrect Morrisson...
    same thing goes to AIC, honestly I don't think it'll work without Layne, the songs are amazing, that's why they should be respected.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    I love AIC. even though it wouldnt be the same without layne, I would love to see them. AIC is one of the many bands I wish I could of seen.
  • Options

Because,

Just curious

Yes, I would. The music is PEARL JAM, not just EDDIE. The same way AIC are the band, not Layne.

I have seen VR and Audioslave pull off previous band songs- and while they're not the same, it was still unbelievable as I knew I'd never get the chance to hear the original artist.
    It has been an absolute dream of mine to hear AIC, and I thought it'd never happen... if it involves another singer who respects Layne and what he did, and is enhancing the experience not trying to take over from him, then I'm all for it.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    barcoach wrote:
    just look at the mess of the doors of 21st century shit... and I love Ian, but he belongs to The Cult and not attempting to resurrect Morrisson...
    same thing goes to AIC, honestly I don't think it'll work without Layne, the songs are amazing, that's why they should be respected.

The doors of the 21st century are good though. Ian's not trying to be Jim Morrison, he's just singing his songs. In no way has anyone in that project compared him to Morrison in any way, they just wanted to play their music again. I think that AIC could work out. Nobody is trying to replace Layne.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    AIC without Layne is a Jerry Cantrell solo show with no Jerry Cantrell songs.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I'd see em, but it definitely weird seeing someone else sing besides Layne. If the guys sounds like Layne and respects what Layne did, then it should be cool. I don't think they should make albums or anything, that would be pissing on the legacy.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell's official web site administrator, who goes by the name of "ceojc", has confirmed that the band will be reuniting for an appearance at the Nova Rock festival in Austria in mid-June (web site), with "a lot more" concert dates yet to be announced.

"I hate to keep on saying this, but as most of you have heard, ALICE will be performing at Nova Rock in Austria," "ceojc" writes on Cantrell's official message board. "This is true. ALICE is back.

"Europe is a long way to go for just one show, so I feel that we are going to have a lot more to do.

"Because this is Europe and a big festival, don't count on any special ALICE tickets but you never know what the future brings.

"Let me explain why things went down the way they went down. It was not the way we wanted it to happen. The festival promoter secured a bunch of really big bands like METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES and ALICE. The promoter decided to have a big press conference on Monday [Feb. 20]. We had not finished securing the 'business side' of the show by the time Monday rolled around. Because Monday was President's Day, our office was closed and we could not make a decission regarding releasing the info to you guys. Our European agent, because our office was closed, made an executive decision to release the show info. We fully support his choice but could not say anything untill we spoke to him to get the full stroy and due to the time difference and travel we could not make the announcement untill just now.

"Guys, please remember that nothing is official unless it comes from our office. We like to surprise you but sometimes that is not always possible.

"Jerry, Mike [Inez, bass], Sean [Kinney, drums] and the managment team are doing our best to keep you guys informed. You mean a lot to the guys and they want you to know that."

ALICE IN CHAINS frontman Layne Staley died on April 5, 2002 from a mixture of heroin and cocaine. Staley was found dead two weeks later, surrounded by intravenous drug paraphernalia in his Seattle apartment. The death certificate reads Staley's death resulted from "an acute intoxication due to the combined effects of opiate (heroin) and cocaine." The death was classified as "accidental."

As previously reported, COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall has been tapped to sing lead vocals with ALICE IN CHAINS at the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place March 10 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. It is not presently clear if DuVall will be joining the group on any of the other dates that are currently being scheduled.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    i have to agree.

fuck that.

AIC was mostly Jerry.

PJ is mostly Eddie.

Apples and Oranges.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Jerry was definitely the main man in AIC..but Layne just sang Jerry's songs like noone else....it just won't be the same...ever

YNWA
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I was lucky enough to see them at the Tsunami releif show here in Seattle. All I can say is, ..........It was fucking amazing!!! Pat Lacheman sang a couple, but Jerry was there all night! The boys still got it!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I was lucky enough to see them at the Tsunami releif show here in Seattle. All I can say is, ..........It was fucking amazing!!! Pat Lacheman sang a couple, but Jerry was there all night! The boys still got it!

I was there, too. It was an amazing night. They boys were on. Layne's mom was there supporting them, too.

I can't wait to hear them again.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    jeffbr wrote:
    PJ is mostly Eddie.

I disagree with that statment. Besides, if it isn't mostly Stone...how can it be Stone's falut? ;)
  • Options

Because,

Just curious

Absolutely, i can't think of a better singer to pay tribute. Obviously it wouldn't be the same, but you can't deny Cornell would do a great job.
  • Options
    hmm does this tour mean Jerry is delaying his third album or something?

YNWA
  • Options
    Rumor has it that Sully from Godsmack will be the vocals for AIC.
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    I disagree with that statment. Besides, if it isn't mostly Stone...how can it be Stone's falut? ;)

Good point. :)
    Actually, I agree that Eddie isn't PJ, but if Eddie isn't there we're hearing Mankind for 2.5 hours each show. Doh!
  • Options
    Rumor has it that Sully from Godsmack will be the vocals for AIC.

lets hope not, that guy's voice is awful.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hmm does this tour mean Jerry is delaying his third album or something?

i fucking hope not, i'm looking forward to that one, but considering theres been no fresh news on it since, what last july, it looks possible
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I would hope its Jerry singing and not some other guy personally.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    This better be a joke. What a crock of shit.