Audioslave - Original Fire (sound clip)

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Ok, so it's only 16 seconds (the prick teases!!), but it sounds really good, and definitely seems to show a new direction.

http://rope.zfmq.fimc.net/afamusic/audioslave_originalfire56.ram
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    You know this album is finished but not coming out till September, it's a leak waiting to happen.
    I say by mid August the album will be all over the net.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im really looking forward to this...sounds noticeably different from the first two but still sounds like audioslave
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm part of the fan club, and recently one of the club heads got a full listen of the new album. He gave a few sentences about every song, and it really got me excited for it. I was pretty indifferent to the new album, but from the words of the reviewer, it sounds pretty good.

Of course, he was only able to listen to it once, and being a fan club leader and all, I'm sure he is more than a little biased. But I'm still excited for it. Seems like it's going to be pretty heavy and the lyrics are going to be much better and less tame than in Out of Exile.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I can't get the damn file to open. Can someone post the mp3 of it!?
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    MP3.............. pronto
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • I can't seem to get it to play as a .ram. If anyone can convert it to an MP3 format, send it to me that way via the PM system, or AIM me at ChrThMn. I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    That was too short. Chris' voice didn't seem to have improved though! :(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    That was too short. Chris' voice didn't seem to have improved though! :(

He does a mean Bon Scott impression in this clip, so it's all good.
    I was expecting it to sound like Temple of the Dog... was I expecting too much? :(

And the 4/4 drumming is still there *cries*
  • Albeit short, I already like it more than the first two CDs. It sounds like they MIGHT actually have something going for 'em with this CD if all of the other songs are as good as OF.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    im really looking forward to this...sounds noticeably different from the first two but still sounds like audioslave
    hell yes it does.

this got me even more pumped !!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thanks for the links guys

cant really judge much from the clip but so far it doesnt sound half bad
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • It sounds like Paul Weller to me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    DOSW wrote:
    I'm part of the fan club, and recently one of the club heads got a full listen of the new album. He gave a few sentences about every song, and it really got me excited for it. I was pretty indifferent to the new album, but from the words of the reviewer, it sounds pretty good.

Of course, he was only able to listen to it once, and being a fan club leader and all, I'm sure he is more than a little biased. But I'm still excited for it. Seems like it's going to be pretty heavy and the lyrics are going to be much better and less tame than in Out of Exile.

any chance on sharing his breakdown with us?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    eh not impressed...will have to hear the whole song though. Out of Exile pretty much blew the small strain of interest i had for Audioslave. Its sad how little growth the Rage trio have had in a decade +
    No one is Righteous.......
    I hate the drumming!!! Aaargh!