Euphoria Morning fans....

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited July 2006 in Other Music
OK one last Chris Cornell related thread!!!

Aside from all the people who are currently bashing Cornell and Audioslave, and aside from all of us defending him, I thought some people might like to hear the Flutter Girl demo. From chatting to people in the past, not many people seem to have heard it, but in my opinion it is way better than the version that appeared on EM. The vocals are so raw and powerful (wait for the verse after the first chorus), and serve as a good reminder of how impressive a singer he is (ok I know some people don't rate him now).

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7A91E29B41BFF5D8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    I still rate him. I wasn't really impressed by Out of Exile though. This is the new Audioslave song is it not?
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thanks for posting that. Will try and grab it when I get home from work tonight :D

Had EM on my commute to work this morning :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    very nice. thanks for posting this. it is raw. not bad. but i still prefer the alain/natasha assisted fleshed-out version that's on the album. good find though.
    Live Free or Die!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm really liking it... I like the stripped down feeling of it... thanks a bundle!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • i really wish he had kept with the solo career.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Euphoria Morning is a fucking awesome album!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    no, it is not....the new song is Audioslaves ORGINAL FIRE....this is the demo for Flutter Girl, off of Chris's solo album Euphoria Morning we fans lovingly refer to as simply EM......

nice that ya still rate him.

dan_vedder wrote:
    I still rate him. I wasn't really impressed by Out of Exile though. This is the new Audioslave song is it not?
  • PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    I bought Euphoria Morning when it came out . Love d it then and still love it now
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    it's really strange how much his vocals deteriorated between his solo album and audioslave's debut. i mean he still sounds pretty good on their first album, but his voice is noticeably much more rough than on euphoria morning.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    patw486 wrote:
    it's really strange how much his vocals deteriorated between his solo album and audioslave's debut. i mean he still sounds pretty good on their first album, but his voice is noticeably much more rough than on euphoria morning.

He went through a really rough period after EM, it wasn't really the success it deserved to be, and he kind of went off and did a lot of drink and drugs, plus he pretty much chain smoked for years. That said, I think he choses to sing differently in Audioslave. When you hear him doing the acoustic Temple of the dog/Soundgarden songs at Audioslave shows, there is a very noticeable difference in how he sings, he often sounds much smoother and hits higher notes - a bit weird, but I guess it's his choice. I think another solo album would be the best indicator of where his voice is at.
  • thanks for the link, my fav song off of EM!! this rocks!
    peace, love.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I thought some people might like to hear the Flutter Girl demo.

Just picked this up this morning. Thanks so much for that - it's beautiful!
  • he's actually working on a second solo album atm....:D
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Thanks.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    so yea...i finally went and bought this album when i picked up the newest audioslave album. on first listen, i was a bit 'meh'...and i will admit, i am not cornell's biggest fan. i appreciate his voice and songwriting, but neither put him high on my list. however, i do love his collaborations, and yea...i am an audioslave fan, etc.....have heard so much good stuff about it, blah, blah. well, i am happy to say, it has REALLY grown on me, i am truly liking it...and getting a new-found, deeper liking for cornell, so it's all cool. :)

just thought i'd share. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    so yea...i finally went and bought this album when i picked up the newest audioslave album. on first listen, i was a bit 'meh'...and i will admit, i am not cornell's biggest fan. i appreciate his voice and songwriting, but neither put him high on my list. however, i do love his collaborations, and yea...i am an audioslave fan, etc.....have heard so much good stuff about it, blah, blah. well, i am happy to say, it has REALLY grown on me, i am truly liking it...and getting a new-found, deeper liking for cornell, so it's all cool. :)

just thought i'd share. :p

Oh it's definatly a grower if you give it a chance, you soon find the euphoria.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.